Old 09-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Antelope

Default cabelas DISAPPOINTMENT!

Called them on Fri. to see when my field deke's were shipped and they forgot to ship them! Got a full refund after some B****ING and I will have 4 dz new deke's by Tue's from FishingWorld, hope I made the right choice "FA LAST PASS HD HONKERS" will add more deke's to the spread when the OT kick's in again throughout the season.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Bighorn

Me and the guys from work seem like we order form cabelas every week and we haven't had a problem yet things have been a little longer comming this fall but it hunting season and its probably really busey.We usaully get our stuff here in alberta in less then 2 weeks.

timba
Old 09-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Caribou

I got a Cabela's Big Horn II tent for a wedding present from my wife 2 years ago. I've used it a few times but only used the stove for it once before the elk hunt I just went on. There is a rubber ring that seals around the pipe and that kind of melted, but held up.

We used it on the hunt and not only did the ring melt more, but the way the flap that covers the stove pipe hole (when the stove is not used) is designed to roll up out of the way leaves it too close to the stove pipe, it melted. When un-rolled, there was 3 golf ball sized holes in the flap.

On the way home, I stopped at the Cabela's in Sidney (the tent was purchased in Wheeling and I'm from PA) and talked to a manager in the service department. I explained what had happened and asked if there was anything they could do for me.

He said "I believe that portion of the tent was re-designed in the Big Horn III, the new model. Is your tent in the truck?" I said it was and he said "Bring it in and we'll exchange it even up." Sure enough, I brought in the damaged tent (2 years old and no receipt) and they plunked a Big Horn III tent in my cart and 10 minutes later I was pulling out of the parking lot with a brand new tent in the back of my truck.

THAT is why I buy from Cabela's, they stand behind their products. This isn't the first time they've exchanged something for me like that.

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Old 09-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Musk Ox

I'm with Adam...

I've never had a problem with Cabelas that they didn't fix!!

I even left my Credit Card at the Hamburg PA store (80 miles from my house) and they FEDEX overnighted it to me at no charge!!!!

I love Cabelas

They might make mistakes but they fix Them!!!!!!
Slick Trick 85 grain
HHA Single Pin Sights
Old 09-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Caribou

I had an issue with the Ameristep "The Choice" stand I ordered. Twice the UPS or mangled the box bad. Cabelas stepped up and rather than trust UPS I drove out to Cableas. A bit of gas and time but I realized they were not chewing up the box and loosing parts. In person, exchange, new stand and I got a nice doe out if it 10 yards from the stand and the doe went zero yards! I love that stand I appreciate Cabelas refund policies!

George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Antelope

I've ordered from them many time's without any problem's untill now. Just bothered me that they did'nt even ship it and it was pushing 3 week's when I ordered.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
I've ordered from them many time's without any problem's untill now. Just bothered me that they did'nt even ship it and it was pushing 3 week's when I ordered.
Very understandable!!!
Slick Trick 85 grain
HHA Single Pin Sights
Old 09-24-2008, 07:33 AM
Musk Ox

Never had a problem with Cabela's here.

-----------------------------
I'm Proof As To What Little Girls Are Made Of
**GUNPOWDER & LEAD**
-----------------------------
Old 09-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to Cherokeechass

The only problem I had with Cabela's was letting my boy get that pop gun!!! It was cute the first 5 minutes.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Antelope

Send a message via ICQ to Greywolf Send a message via Yahoo to Greywolf

I order some stuff for the Alpha Female(Camo shorts and some Pull over sweater) they said both were on Back order, 3 week later I called and they said it came in 2 days after the order was placed, the failed to send it, They promptly sent the Items, and never charged my Cabelas points or my credit card. the invoice had 0.00 on the paid line.

They made it right. That's one of the reasons I have a Cabelas Credit card.