Old 09-21-2008, 08:00 AM
Muley

Default hey ya;ll....

I havnt been able to log on for a while. we had a hurricane here on the gulf coast in Bridge City Tx.

My house was under 8 ft. of salt water for 3 days. we actually got hit by 2 6 foot waves since I am right on the edge of the marsh. we lost everything we owned on the first floor. we are covered by flood insurance and should be able to replace and rebuild everything in the house but not the shop. all my guns took a bath, 4 wheeler was upside down, tractor took a baths, I found mine and Emily's bow cases a 1/4 mile away under our eliminator blinds surrounded by duck decoys and deer mounts and fish mounts.

bow season opens the 27th, we already missed alligator,dove and teal season for the first time since Emily was 6. Even the bow shop in town(Precision Archery) was under 5 foot of water so I know there is no way I can get us rigged out in time. I seriously doubt our tree stands are even still standing. I think next saturday we will just go sit in the woods and decompress a little out in some of mother natures beauty to get away from mother natures fury.

I know a few of you in the mid west know where I am coming from.

if ya'll would send up a few to the man upstairs for us we would appreciate it.

mike
Old 09-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Bighorn

good thing that no one was hurt and that you had insurance to help rebuild.Just sucks to have to start all over.

timba
Old 09-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Moose

Glad no one was hurt! Hopefully you have a quick an easy recovery for what you lost.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Antelope

glad to hear your okay. we had the same hear in fl during fay. 33" of rain in two days. 9 days more of rain after that, river flooded and bam 6 feet of water on land its been 3 or 4 weeks since the storm and the river is still up high enough to be closed to all traffic. our little town actualy made it to CNN! thank god for flood ins

make sure you dry your racks out from your deer mounts. they can rot over little time when wet. Yank em out and hang em up, re-mount them with different capes after they dry.

--c--
Old 09-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Moose

I am so glad eveyone is ok!!! If you need anything, ASK! I know a lot of us are more than willing to pitch in and help you out!

Prayers sent, buddy.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 09-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Musk Ox

That's sucks to have to replace all that. But the bright side is you and your family are well.

-----------------------------
I'm Proof As To What Little Girls Are Made Of
**GUNPOWDER & LEAD**
-----------------------------
Old 09-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Musk Ox

Glad ya'll made it thru, heathy. That trip to the woods will do wonders for ya.

Proud Parent of a Marine
Old 09-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Bighorn

Glad you made it though ok!

That was a doozey!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Muley

Good to hear your ok, I was wondering how much water Donny took on.  That is why I left the triangle 20 yrs ago. But still got almost $70,000 worth of damage from Rita, didnt run far enough!!  If I can help you with your bow setup or anything give me a holler, be glad to help you out. Best thing to do is jump right back out there and put it past you. I was really down after rita, but after sitting at home for a week the season opened and I went out and danged if I didnt kill a good 11pt that evening. Sure made me feel better!Hit the woods it will heal the soul.
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Aftershock archery fieldstaff
OutfittersEdge fieldstaff
Easton Field Staff
08 Elite Z28
HHA 5519
Octane hostage
Easton camo axis 340
Old 09-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Feathers View Post
Good to hear your ok, I was wondering how much water Donny took on.* That is why I left the triangle 20 yrs ago. But still got almost $70,000 worth of damage from Rita, didnt run far enough!!* If I can help you with your bow setup or anything give me a holler, be glad to help you out. Best thing to do is jump right back out there and put it past you. I was really down after rita, but after sitting at home for a week the season opened and I went out and danged if I didnt kill a good 11pt that evening. Sure made me feel better!Hit the woods it will heal the soul.
Precision was probably under 8 ft. of water. Donny opened back up 2 days ago I think.

I just need to go get a whole new set up for me and Emily but the family,house and work are taking all my time right now.

I finally got my tractor started yesterday, couple more fluid changes and it should be fine.

been working on the ferris ZTR also, gonna be a little harder to get it going....

first time I missed teal season in as long as I can remember and dove too!