Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > The Choice

Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsqueeze View Post
well .,i bought this climber tree stand ., instead of going out and trying it first .,i went hunting ., i got high up in the tree and started hunting ., OK now dark and time to climb down., couldn't go down ., every time i tried to climb down i went up .,sweat started coming out big time ., no cell phone , so i thought OK? i guess I'm out here for the night ., soooooo i calmed down and tried again ,took me a few more up's before i figured it out .,wow i was a sweat ball when i got down.,
Thats ok mine was similar not that I did not how to come down. But I never tied the top and bottom together. So on my way down the bottom feel off my feet and I had to hug the tree to slide down and get the bottom.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Antelope

by far the stupidest thing ive have ever done...probably hunting or not was when i was rabbit/partridge shooting when it was extremely cold and i took my trigger gaurd off my shot gun so i could wear the huge mitts.

i went to jump over a log and the trigger caught my sleeve when i was carrying it on my shoulder and it went off. i swore i shot myself in the head. probably the longest headache of my life.

one of those things...youve done it a thousand times and it could never happen to me...WRONG!

Darton Pro 3000---Darton Wrangler---Elite GTO---Elite Synergy XT---Bowtech Allegiance---Archery Research AR-31---Carbon Express---Muzzy MX-3
Old 02-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Whitetail

Send a message via Yahoo to Gary Lloyd
Default Dumbest

Sat under an over hanging tree branch. Cut a nice spot out. Had the area legend at 25 yards got to full draw. Had to rais my sights to get my pin on him. Started hitting the branches. Big boy gone in a flash. I never tested the height of the spot I cut out.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Bighorn

Me,this one time I was going to sneek into some sage brush on a nice mully and I thought it would be a good idea to leave my quiver behind and take one arrow.I got within 30 yards shot and shot right over his back.He shoot there broad side looking at me what seemed like minutes and I had no other arrows with me.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Muley

Send a message via AIM to Moon Send a message via Yahoo to Moon

For me that'd probably be sitting and forgetting to open the scope covers while hunting and then have deer run past and sit there wondering why my scope wasn't working.

Dumbest thing I've seen in our hunting group done by any of us. Was the guys pulling over to a ditch and getting out, walking quite a distance back in the woods off the road to relieve themselves in a legal hunting area and not taking their guns with them even after I told them to take the guns with them. They kept saying "yaya the deer aren't back there they heard us pull in and are already gone..." Then having a group of deer jump up from the bottom that were bedded and run past while they all had their pants down. It was commical seeing a bunch of guys come charging out of the woods saying "guns guns" some with their flies still opened or pants on all crooked and one with his last layer of pants still down around his knees wobbling like a duck towards the truck trying to reach down and hold his pants up with his hand and run at the same time. The guys of course didn't find humor in their misfortune, but I sure did and you can bet I didn't let them hear the last about that mistake. It was one of those moments that I didn't have to say "I told you so..." to them because they all looked at me instantly and said "Don't even say it! You told us so..." LOL They never listen to me and it's came back to bite them quite a few times. I wonder if they'll ever learn.

[MySpace][CamoSpace]
Old 04-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Whitetail

Default Took My Wife

Thaking my wife out to the ground blind while deer hunting. All she wanted to was fool around! I realy hate being distracted while I'm hunting. And she made too much noise, so I sent her home!! Can't shoot deer with a noisy woman along.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Antelope

Where to begin??Walked 3/4mi to stand early one morning,climbed into stand, try to load gun...forgot bullets.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Muley

Thumbs down secerets

the dumbest thing i ever did was to tell someone where i was hunting.......bought the lease right out from under me........how dumb is that..........
Old 04-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Musk Ox

Default I have a big list...

The one moment that stands out is when I put a stand 25' up in a tree and used a dead 4" diameter limb in the tree as my last step.

I had stepped on that limb several times and it was early one morning when that limb decided to break. I fell 25' straight down....landing on my feet but quickly crumbling into a ball which knocked all of the wind out of me. About 1 second later my bow landed on my head.

I was lucky to end up with only a bump on the head because I was quite a distance from my truck and wouldn't have been missed until well after dark.

From that day on.....I always carry a cell phone with me and make a point to let the wife know when to expect me home.

Oh yeah.....I've taken dead limbs off my list of items to stand on in a tree

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Muley

Default That's an easy one.

Picture it...14 years old...opening day...first day with dad's lever action 30-30...a one sider comes trotting right over the hill quartering toward me. I don't stop him to and proceed to unload on him in about 30 seconds flat. BUCK FEVER!!! Instead of waiting on him to expire, I hoofed it after him. Found him sitting up 50 yards away. Reloaded my remaining 4 shells. He took off, and four shots later he's still running. Is there a blood trail? Oh yeah. Dark, dark gut-shot blood. So, I'm out of shells. I go back to the truck, get out my single shot 16 gauge and get back on the trail. I track the buck another 100 yards, find him sitting up again, and finally, finally close the deal. What a mess!!!

Needless to say, when you put yourself and an animal through something like that, you learn a ton. I'm proud to say, though, that since that day 23 years ago, all of my deer have been one-shot kills.

Redeye