Old 09-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Muley

Default hoyt vectrix plus

going to need to get a new bow,due to arm and shoulder injury,i can't pull my bow back. i've got an older golden eagle evolution,60-80 lbs.(when i bought it i thought i'd get stronger when i got older not weaker,just was'nt thinking i guess)anyways i can't even pull it back 3 inches.it's set at 62#. went to an archery shop and can pull 45-50#.with not too much problem.no problem with the let off once it breaks over. was looking at the hoyt vectrix plus ,anyone shoot this bow or have any opinions? going on a hunt in 3 1/2 weeks got to hurry.----encore
Old 09-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Bighorn

I got the vectrix XL if thats the same one I love it.I got mine set at 60lbs and shot my first archery bear with it this spring.

timba
Old 09-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Moose

Im sure you will like it. I shot the regular Vectrix last year and love it. Its a great bow!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:17 AM
Antelope

Send a message via ICQ to Greywolf Send a message via Yahoo to Greywolf

I upgraded to a Vectrix XL. It's a tack driver out to 70 yds I have the King Cobra One pin sight on it and a Over sized drilled out Shur-z-peep.

Mines set on the lower side of the 60-70 range somewhere, it's a great bow. I have a trophyridge Dropzone and shoot 7595 Gt arrows tipped with 125 gr Snuffers and ended with Bi-Delta 4 inch vanes.

Killed a bunch of animals with it. a pure pleasure to shoot. very forgiving and have tons of confidence in my bow.

Buy it, if you don't like it I have a 05 Ultratec (fully loaded) I'll trade you for it.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Muley

had to go with a crossbow this year due to shoulder. if therapy does'nt help i'll need surgery. trying to avoid the surgery thou. did shoot a doe in mich. last week with the x-bow. had to shoot a doe due to the license changes this year,if i would have shot a buck i would'nt be able to shoot one during rifle season and i already had both tags, at $140.00 apiece. x-bow seemed awfully easy,deer comes in put crosshair on it pull trigger.hopefully i'll be able to shoot a recurve next year .-- encore
Old 10-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Bighorn

Well the crossbow is just as good I say.

I saw something on the Pursuit Channel last week that might help you regarding the draw on your other bow. It may not be a total loss. Let me do some research and I'll get back with you.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Bighorn

OK took me a bit to find this, and I am not sure if this will help you at all, but I've seen it in action.

http://www.drawloc.com/draw_loc_draw...pound_bows.htm

Check local regs and such to make sure it's legal to hunt with of course, but it opens the door to a wide range of people that might not otherwise have a chance to experience bowhunting.