Old 09-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Bighorn

Default I have the worst luck with trail cameras

I've had a moultie now for 2 years and it seems to work good if the weather is warm but cold weather and the 6v dies fast.So its hit and miss with it,I bought a stealth cam prowler this spring and didn't use it till 3 weeks ago and now its is complety dead.I had the 12v pack and thought it was that so I put in the 6 c batteries and still nothing

It always seems when I need tham to work they don't

timba
Old 09-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Bighorn

Dang! Remind me not to bring any camera's when we go bear hunting with you!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rick View Post
Dang! Remind me not to bring any camera's when we go bear hunting with you!

You should see what the bears do to them if there not protected
Old 09-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Elk

I got the Moultrie I40 this year. It take 6 D batteries. I put it in the woods in May and I still have 71% battery life left. That is with over 4000 pics!!!!! So much happier!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by timba View Post
I've had a moultie now for 2 years and it seems to work good if the weather is warm but cold weather and the 6v dies fast.So its hit and miss with it,I bought a stealth cam prowler this spring and didn't use it till 3 weeks ago and now its is complety dead.I had the 12v pack and thought it was that so I put in the 6 c batteries and still nothing

It always seems when I need tham to work they don't

timba
I've got the same camera and my battery also goes dead really fast. I also bought the camera with 6d batteries and as lady said it last a long time as opposed to the 6v camera. I'll never get another 6v camera again so don't feel as though it's just you. Good luck with the pics.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Musk Ox

I use Moutrie Rechargable 6V in mine. They're older and die in about 1-2 weeks, but I'm still saving a little money with them. The main gripe I have with mine is the time it takes to Trigger. I can walk past it probably 4 times before it takes a picture.

-----------------------------
I'm Proof As To What Little Girls Are Made Of
**GUNPOWDER & LEAD**
-----------------------------
Old 09-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Black Bear

I also have the older Moulties that take the 6volts batteries. switch them all over two rechargables with solar panels and they can last for up to two months on the sun without changing the battery. Haven't been having as good as luck with them this year as I did last, beleive it is due to all the rain and cloudy weather we have been having. As for the trigger speed it does suck but if you face it with the trail you do get more pics everytime or use these camera at mineral sites/ feeders.

Matt
Old 09-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJewell View Post
I also have the older Moulties that take the 6volts batteries. switch them all over two rechargables with solar panels and they can last for up to two months on the sun without changing the battery. Haven't been having as good as luck with them this year as I did last, beleive it is due to all the rain and cloudy weather we have been having. As for the trigger speed it does suck but if you face it with the trail you do get more pics everytime or use these camera at mineral sites/ feeders.

Matt
I got the rechargeable battery and solar panel this summer and it lasted about 3 weeks and now I can't seem to get the battery to charge
Old 09-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Black Bear

Don't have any clue what might have happen. I lost an battery this spring also had the camera set-up in the middle of an field over looking an turkey dusting bath for a couple of days when I went back for it the camera wasn't working. Upon inspecting the battery you could see burn marks at the terminals, thoght maybe lightning had hit the camera but there had been nothing that my mom could think of over the course of time that it was out. It also wouldn't take an charge after that, ended up just throwing it out haven't replace it as of yet still have enough floating around yet.

Matt