Default Tracking Gustav

http://www.tropicalstormrisk.com/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26295161...redName=Gustav

George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Old 08-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Caribou

not trying to make light of the situation, but with a title like that I was expecting to see a movie featuring Yakoff Smirnoff!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 08-31-2008, 12:21 AM
Antelope

Send a message via Yahoo to coca.drie
Default Mandatory Evacuations

As some of you know that I was born and raised in S. Louisiana a small town call Kaplan in Vermilion Parish . Right in the path of Gustav. I have 1 son and 2 daughters 4 grand kids with one on the way that lives there. They all left last night and this morning heading north and west. This is the first time mandatory evacuation ever. I been though many hurricanes and never left town I even was in one on a offshore platform ( I prayed for that one) From what I understand all parishes south of I-10 must leave. They can't make you leave but if you stay you are on your own no help will come. I still have family and friends there and some will not leave they never had too.I ask you to keep all who in Gustav's path in your prayers. tanx
Old 09-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Elk

From what I could tell, the evacuation was handled better this time around than when Katrina hit. At least they didn't let buses sit idle and get flooded, but they put them to use to get the people out who didn't have any other way and wanted to leave.

Why anyone would choose to stay and risk life and limb is beyond me, but I guess some people are just set in their ways.