Old 08-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Whitetail

Smile Mechanical bow drawing machine

I seen Ralph use one in a basic bow tuning DVD for apple archery. Can you tell me where I may find one to purchase as I am unable to find a dealer any wheres. Would like any help you may have. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Bighorn

Do you mean a bow press?

Last edited by Colorado Rick; 08-24-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Caribou

Not sure if Apple makes one or not, but I know there is one out there called the "hooter shooter" I think it's made by spott hogg? Call Tony at Arrowsmith's archery 262-249-9933, he can get any of them for you.

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Whitetail

Thanks for your reply. That is exactly what i am looking for. I called tony but not in. Thanks alot. P.S just called back, he can get it . your a life saver
happy hunting
Old 08-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Bighorn

Sooooo... Let me see if I understand this tools importance.

It removes the shooter, who is certainly the biggest variable in tuning, and gives a clearer... picture, if you will of any issues that could be coming from the bow.

I assume that this can be applied like Occam's Razor. What I mean is you basicly strip the bow down, add parts 1 by 1 to eliminate problems in mechanics and equipment, and if all are functioning as they should... the problem/problems has/have to stem from the shooter.

Am I on base here??

Last edited by Colorado Rick; 08-25-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Caribou

you got it Rick, it's like shooting a rifle off a bench. It allows for greater repeatability when testing sights/rests/broadheads and even bow tune. But I don't need one anyway....since I'm like a machine and all anyway!!!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 08-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Whitetail

Yes you are half right. If you enjoy shooting bows and you want your equipment to be in the best possible condition . This just takes it one step further than just be an archer who drops his or her bow off at the local archery shop.

sonny
Old 08-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Bighorn

Ya know... I was just thinking, "Why would Tim need to know about this stuff??? That's just crazy-talk!"
Old 08-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPOSSETIM View Post
you got it Rick, it's like shooting a rifle off a bench. It allows for greater repeatability when testing sights/rests/broadheads and even bow tune. But I don't need one anyway....since I'm like a machine and all anyway!!!
I wasn't thinking machine...

More like a "tool"...
Slick Trick 85 grain
HHA Single Pin Sights