Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > Turkey Talk

Old 08-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Black Bear

Default Flood of the century and the turkey population

Our turkey population took a beating, or should I say "floated away"
Since our flood of the century (yes we had one, FEMA recently just packed up and left) and our county was declared a Federal disaster county after a total of 16 inches fell in less than a week, roughly 10 inches during one night.
Anyway, after talking to many locals, none of us are seeing many poults. I have only seen one this season. The flood came and not only destroyed many homes it did a number on the wildlife population, including newborn fawns many were swept away in the flood waters.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?
Old 08-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Bighorn

Hmmmm...

This post, though factual I'm sure, smacks of something...

If I could only put a finger to it...

Ah yes. GUILT! COVERUP! SUBTERFUGE!

I offer the following as evidence:

3/24/08 - 10:17pm - Bag limit (what is your state's)
Little did we know she was beginning to put her sick plan in motion.
15 innocent people fell into her trap, and gave up countless unwitting turkeys.

4/27/08 - 5:41pm - Hoosier Huntress Scores
Her first victim falls. There will be more.

05-06-2008 - 12:16pm - TWO Kansas gobblers DOWN
With investigators hot on her trail, she retreats to Kansas to continue her killing spree. Emboldened by her turkey-cide, she videos her next victims demise.

05-11-2008 - 06:31pm - Indiana gobbler DOWN
Her blood thirst remained unfulfilled as Kansas authorities followed up a tip on her location. Evading them, she plotted her next move carefully. She made her way to Northern Indiana where she met up with an unknown accomplice. The two of them left 3 dead bodies in their wake, and many unanswered questions.

I say the "flood" is a convenient cover story for HH's deep-ceded aggression toward the awkward, stupid bird which at one time was considered for the highest rank among animals in our wonderful country: The National Animal. Some still feel that Jeff Guiluli, who was dating an Eagle named Tonya at the time, had a role in the Turkey's fall from favor.

I offer the previous as evidence and call for massive investigations into the claims put forth by Lisa "HH" Metheny that the "floods" are to blame for the recent decrease in the turkey population. I further ask the readers of this post to carefully weigh the truth against the obviously feigned concern for the poults she uses as a rouse to disguise her vicious distain.

I say the fox has taken a guards position in the hen-house ladies and gentleman. When will this turning a blind eye to the atrocities stop! When will we, as a society, stand up to the brutality! I say today is the day we end the madness! I say today we take up the torch of liberty and pitchfork of justice and as one angry mob, charge forward in unison against this Turkey Slayer! In the name of future Thanksgiving Day meals, join with me!

Last edited by Colorado Rick; 08-19-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Musk Ox

UMMM, Can I bring my Benelli? I mean, ya never know, she might miss one of them! I'd be glad to ground the intended victim, so we can question him about her spree.

Proud Parent of a Marine
Old 08-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Elk

Rick................classic!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Musk Ox

Very funny!!!

Once again Rick, Way to much free time!!!!

I have nothing else to add....
Slick Trick 85 grain
HHA Single Pin Sights
Old 08-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Moose

Lisa Im sure all that water will have a negative outcome on your flock next year. It might be a week year for you. But hopefully the population rebounds in a year or 2.

Rick either you have a good memory or alot of free time to do research. That sure was pretty good though.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Caribou

I sure hope Florida's birds were grown enough by the time Fay ripped through there...might not be a good year if they weren't
NAP Spitfires
Old 08-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Black Bear

Rick
You scare me! Seriously dude, your memory is either too good or your just plain weird Not sure which. But this is funny stuff and made me laugh.
Plus I agree, you have way too much time on your hands and apparently have been watching way too much Law and Order! And for the record, I did miss this year,mmm way too much, but I found the cause and think I corrected it. I had two tags for Kentucky but came away with only one bird, why...because Stan Potts scared off my turkey...really just ask him. In Kansas, I missed twice for the Hunter Specialities cameraman and my good buddy Phillip Vanderpool, even apparently jinxed his Benelli "Nelli"
"He has yet to forgive me" oh wait a minute, yes he did, when I slammed two big birds on film.

All in all it was my best turkey season ever and I hope next year it will be equally as good, that is if there is any birds thanks to the flood of the century.

Speaking of bad weather...Friday afternoon, while sitting here at the computer working on some upcoming feature articles...we experienced a little rain shower. Nothing big, but did hear a lite rumble of thunder in the distance...then...BAM! Lightening hit our ground well which is located about 12 feet behind our house. That bolt took out our 300 ft deep well pump, our internet, satelite, plus numerous other little things....total so far upward of $2800.00 buy hey we are thankful it didn't actually hit the house. I just got back online today!!! So sorry for the delay in responding and trying to save my good name, or what is left of it!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Antelope

[QUOTE=Hoosier Huntress;20906]Rick
All in all it was my best turkey season ever and...QUOTE]

Your best ever huh?? I'm hurt.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Black Bear

Oh man...look what you did Rick. You got me all up in arms to defend my turkey season and I totally forgot about Mo. Ok, just for the record...probably one of my best turkey hunts ever was killing my first turkey several years ago. This season was amazing mind you, as far as numbers and experiences and the pros I got to hunt with...but bagging my first turkey with the help of my good friend might just rank at the top...sorry to hurt your tender little feelings Miss Mo...I know how sensitive you are. Oh wait, that is me that is the senstive one...you ran over me remember?

Let's see how sensitive you are after Doves, Schanuzers, den mothers and whatever else this weekend!