Old 08-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Moose

Default Should be a fun weekend!

Saturday Holly and I are going to a youth field day. There should be close to 70 youngsters there. We will be speaking about treestand safety and wearing a harness. Hopefully we can encourage them plus but have them encourage their parents into wearing one if they dont. Its scares me more and more when I hear stories about people not wearing a harness. Im really looking forward to this. They will be able to shoot bow and shotguns. There will be other events also. Should be a good time.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Bighorn

Atta boy Bull. Good work man. I really would like to get into youth activities but the the kids around here just don't get it. Cale's got one friend that flat out says no. It's too bad. I remember going with grampa. Best time of my life short of our Texas trip.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Moose

This was by far our best experience ever! Just to see the kids faces was awesome. We ended up having 80 kids. After the treestand safety we walked with the kids to shoot a couple of 3-ds. After every shot we would give them a little trivia question about the animal they just shot. The one group was funny. The question was name the 4 subspecies of turkeys. Here was the answer. Osceola, Eastern, Rio Grande, and Spring turkey. It was a fun time by all. We will definately be doing this event next year. Plus we will be looking for more events like this to help out.