Old 01-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Black Bear

Hmmm lets see I get 3 weeks vac + 8 personal days and I carry over over 4 or 5 days so not to bad. Now if they would only give me my pension back lol
Old 01-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Moose

Huh? You got the shaft?

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 01-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Elk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsqueeze View Post
just wondering how much time off from work you all get throughout the year., i myself used to get 3 weeks vacation a year., and my sick time a year would get 4 weeks(which i never used) and i always lost them sick days every year., so now this year, my company just change to a P.T.O. personal time off., now that is really going to be in my favor this year., i should get with holidays 32 days paid off this year!! me a happy man!!

My "new" company calls our time off PTO time, too. We were just acquired by a national company headquartered in California, but the headquarters of our division is in Charleston WV.

I get 4 weeks total PTO time, which can be used for vacation, sick, or personal. we also have I think it's 6 company holidays, plus 2 floating holidays that are chosen by the company but paid out of our PTO time. (the days are usually something like the day after Thanksgiving and the day before or after Christmas.)
Old 01-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
Huh? You got the shaft?
Oh yeah we got the big ole shaft. But all big corporations seem to be doing it guess they are just following there lead.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Musk Ox

WOW.....you are really gonna' hate me. I work a lot of hours at the firehouse....but with that comes a lot of time off.

Since we have to work if our shift falls on a holiday, holidays get lumped in with our vacation time.

Along with all of those hours at the firehouse come the potential for a lot of overtime. We can either take it as pay or comp time. I normally choose comp.

With that said.....I get: (a day for me is a 12 hour shift)
21 vacation/holiday days
12 sick days
35 Kelly Days (it is a fire department thing based on a 56hr work week)....
...plus any comp time I build up...normally another 15 to 20 days.

So....I average around 70 days off per year (not counting my regular days off) I normally don't use any sick days so that time is put into a "bank"
Old 01-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Black Bear

Send a message via MSN to mnsqueeze

ah ., so that is where you get the time to do mounts there firediver., my buddy is also a firefighter ., and he gets allot of time off to ., but he also puts in his time, like you do.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Bighorn

I don't get any holidays since I switching to contract operating but I work 9 days on and get 5 off so If I need too I'll take a day or two off to make me days off longer.

timba
Old 01-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by firediver View Post
WOW.....you are really gonna' hate me. I work a lot of hours at the firehouse....but with that comes a lot of time off.

Since we have to work if our shift falls on a holiday, holidays get lumped in with our vacation time.

Along with all of those hours at the firehouse come the potential for a lot of overtime. We can either take it as pay or comp time. I normally choose comp.

With that said.....I get: (a day for me is a 12 hour shift)
21 vacation/holiday days
12 sick days
35 Kelly Days (it is a fire department thing based on a 56hr work week)....
...plus any comp time I build up...normally another 15 to 20 days.

So....I average around 70 days off per year (not counting my regular days off) I normally don't use any sick days so that time is put into a "bank"
People like you deserve it. Being a firefighter is a dangerous job so you definitely deserve it in my opinion.