Old 08-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by firediver View Post
Can anyone tell me if lighted arrow nocks are legal in Ontario???

Thanks
Okay you peaked my interest where and what are you hunting in Ontario?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Musk Ox

I'm heading to Kashabowie Outfitters for a moose hunt on Sept 20th.

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by firediver View Post
I'm heading to Kashabowie Outfitters for a moose hunt on Sept 20th.
Nice - that's one of my dream hunt for sure. I saw the show where V&R bowhunted there and were very successful. I hope you are too. You wouldn't possibly have room for another bowhunter in the group???? I've looked their website before and have been tempted to hunt with them and their prices aren't bad either.

Last edited by Bow Drawn; 08-12-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Caribou

Bowdrawn,

If you can swing it, a trip to Kashabowie is well worth it! I've hunted there in the past, I didn't kill a moose but I'd go back in a heartbeat! It's a great camp and Fern and the whole staff are outstanding!!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPOSSETIM View Post
Bowdrawn,

If you can swing it, a trip to Kashabowie is well worth it! I've hunted there in the past, I didn't kill a moose but I'd go back in a heartbeat! It's a great camp and Fern and the whole staff are outstanding!!
I could probably swing it and I sure would like to go if some of the folks here at going up this fall for moose. I just have to get clearance at home. I don't have much experience at hunting moose - well hardly none - watched them while fishing and watched a bunch of shows. It's a dream hunt and I'm not going to sit in camp either.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Caribou

It's not a bad drive, if I remember right they are about 1 1/2 hrs North of International falls (to their basecamp) If you do the drive in guided hunt your typical day would be to hunt early morning (before sun-up) until late morning, go back to camp and rest or fish, then back at it early afternoon until end of legal shooting light. It's a great hunt, I'll tell you the first time you have a bull grunting at you at close range....Wow, it's addicting!!!! Darn it, now I want to go too!!!! Also while there you can pick up a wolf tag....just in case To date, it's one of the best hunt's I've ever gone on and I didn't even kill anything. Good Luck!!!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPOSSETIM View Post
It's not a bad drive, if I remember right they are about 1 1/2 hrs North of International falls (to their basecamp) If you do the drive in guided hunt your typical day would be to hunt early morning (before sun-up) until late morning, go back to camp and rest or fish, then back at it early afternoon until end of legal shooting light. It's a great hunt, I'll tell you the first time you have a bull grunting at you at close range....Wow, it's addicting!!!! Darn it, now I want to go too!!!! Also while there you can pick up a wolf tag....just in case To date, it's one of the best hunt's I've ever gone on and I didn't even kill anything. Good Luck!!!
That is a not a terrible drive from here - somewhere around 16 hours to I.F. and I would drive it so if I did make a kill the meat and hide goes home with me. Anybody interested in scheduling a moose in rut hunt say for next season????