Old 08-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Caribou

Man, that's dangerous. I'm suprised it would even draw without coming apart Hopefully it shoots well for you!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 08-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Black Bear

Well did manage to get out an shoot this bow after work today. All I can say is WOW!! Am I impress with it already. Didn't take me very long before I had the yardages down on the sliding sight. Tried two different arrows out of it and choose to stick it out with the Easton FMJ 340 with an 100 grain field point. Also tried an Beman MFX 400 out of it an it seem quite abit gaster but I couldn't get over the penetation that the Easton's were getting on the target. At 60 yards there was over 18" of difference between the two arrows and both were topped off with FOB's. Going to take it up to the Proshop next week sometime and run both arrows through the corno and see if the is much diffence the FPS or if it is just the weight of them.

Looking forward to Fall now the only problem I'm going to have is which bow to hunt with the Vulcan or Growler. Going to put another new H&M string on the Growler right away as soon as I can get permission from the wife. Can't get over how quite and dead in the hand the Vulcan is at the shot.

Matt
Old 08-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Bighorn

Matt I went to at least 10 different bow tuning pages I have, and I have to tell you... There wasn't much about a cable on backwards.

I did manage to learn a few new things, so I guess your plight wasn't all for naught.

Glad everything worked out. I know you were fired up to shoot it. Good to here it's all set for ya.

Those Full Metal Jackets are wicked arrows huh? A bit on the expensive side, but man are they worth the money! Nate shoots those from his bow and they BLAST the target. Something like 12 grains per inch or in that neighborhood anyways. I might be grabbing half a dozen myself here in the near future. Just out of curiosity, what are they cut to. Depending on the Chrono results, you could be pushing some serious KE out of that bow.

Keep us up to date. I'd love to read how the numbers stack out.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Black Bear

I'll let you know what I'm pushing out of that bow once it sees the corno. Hopefully that will be this week sometime.

The FMJ that I'm shooting came will the bow when I bought it. Going to try and figure out what the arrows weight also, as I don't have an grain scale.

Does anyone know how many grains are in an gram? An what is the Formula for Kentenic energy.

Matt
Old 08-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Bighorn

KE is:

mass x speed x speed divided by 450240

So.. if your arrow is cut to 29 inches, and it weighs 9.4 grains per inch,

29 x 9.4 = 272.6

Add in the point or the broadhead

272.6 + 125 = 397.6 arrow weight or mass.

If you Chrono at 310 feet per second then you simply plug in the numbers

397.6 x 310 x 310 / 450240 = 84.8644278606 or roughly 85 KE.

The gram is equal to about 15.432 grains or 0.035 273 966 ounce.

How's that all of my former math teachers!!