Old 08-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Black Bear

Default Problem with my new Vulcan

Well as some of you might remember bought an 07 Vulcan sometime ago, just went to pick it up tonight and the shop owner said to me " hope you like pulling an 70lb bow" The thing is crazy high poundage.

When I bought it it was an 29.5 draw lenght so figure all we had to do was swap, out the Vector 6.5 cams for an set of Vector 4.0 and a new set of strings to make it 27" draw lenght. Once all this done now you can't hardly pull the thing back and when you do it is all out of balance.

Can any one tell me if there is something else we need to do to it?

Had one guy tell me that we'd have to change the limbs also, is this true.
My local shop is an Hoyt dealer an he had never heard of this at all.

Matt
Old 08-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Bighorn

Boy it sure seems swapping the limbs out would solve it Matt. I have a tough time believing that Hoyt wouldn't have made a 60 - 70 lb limbset for that bow.

I've just run a cursory search for the Vulcan and I'm not having much luck here. I'll keep looking though. Man I feel for ya.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Black Bear

I've search on AT already and no one has had anything post before this with that problem only time will tell.

Have had another Hoyt field staffers tell me that the limbs will have to be swapped out. Talked to him last night an he is looking for an limb set for me.

Matt
Old 08-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Musk Ox

The only way I know to drop the poundage is to replace the limbs...

Sorry I couldn't be more help..
Slick Trick 85 grain
HHA Single Pin Sights
Old 08-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Musk Ox

I just can't help myself...
Did you nickname the bow "Spock"?

-----------------------------
I'm Proof As To What Little Girls Are Made Of
**GUNPOWDER & LEAD**
-----------------------------
Old 08-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Caribou

I could be wrong here but the draw weight shouldn't be affected by draw length. Other bows use draw length modules and that doesn't change draw weight? My suggestion would be to contacy Hoyt. Just go to their website and you should be able to send them an email describing your problem. They've got great cutomer service, they should tell you what needs to be done. Good luck!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Black Bear

Well call right to hoyt this morning and talked to an Customer service rep. Told me to change the draw lenght on the Vulcan you'd need to change the cams and string set along with the limbs depending on the deflection of the limbs.

So know I'm looking for an set of 60-70 with the deflection of 104 or 107 can't remember off the top of my head but I have it written down on my desk at work. Or an set 50-60 with an deflection of 90.

Anyone got apair or know where I can get a set reasonablely priced going to check on AT here in a minute.

Thanks for all of the help hopefully soon I'll be able to shoot this bow.

Matt
Old 08-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Musk Ox

Matt,
I've got a set of 60-70 limbs, but they're for a Reflex Excursion. I don't remember the deflection. Hoyt makes the Reflex line of bows. If ya contact them again and ask if these'll fit, I'd be happy to make ya a deal on 'em.

Might work, might not. Let me know!

Proud Parent of a Marine
Old 08-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Moose

Wow!!!!!!!! Very interesting.... I would have never figured it out. Good luck I hope you will soon be shooting.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Black Bear

Well finally have all the kinks worked out of my Vulcan and is all ready to shoot now. Just have to find the time to do it now.

Turns out that the problem wasn't the limbs but when the proshop put the new cams and strings on it he mistakenly put the control cable on the wrong way on the lower cam. So when you went to draw the bow the top cam was turning one way an the bottom was turning the other.

Over 20 years of being in the bow business and that is the first time he has ever done that. Couldn't believe he actaully did it.

Looking forward to shooting it very soon.

Matt