#1  
Old 01-16-2008, 11:16 AM
farmcntry's Avatar
farmcntry farmcntry is offline
Black Bear
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 311
Default Must Brag

My son is every parents dream.
He's 7 right now, 8 in August.
He overcame some problems at birth so he really is special.

He's been the quarterback 2 years now for his flag team. Moves to pads this year.

He's been the 1st baseman or pitcher for 4 years now in coach pitch.

In 1st grade he made 100% on their EOG so they kept testing him and he passed the 3rd grade EOG's! (That's as high as they tested.)

This year in 2nd grade they moved him to advanced reading and math classes.
In his advanced reading class he had to get 6 points to pass out of a possible 20. He got 19.6 points!!!!!!!!!!
All straight A's in his advanced math as well!

So he's reading and doing math on a 4th grade level now.
I'm very proud of him.
He loves to hunt and fish all the time as well and HAS to stay outdoors as much as possible.
Now we're entering wrestling and martial arts and he's learning very quickly.

Just had to brag, your turn now.
__________________
Youth Outdoor Connection
www.youthoutside.org
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Monie's Avatar
Monie Monie is offline
Moose
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kokomo, In.
Posts: 3,596
Default

See what taking your kids hunting gets you?!?!?!!?!!

Farm, that is so awesome!! You are one fine daddy!!!
__________________
If you're not leaning, no one can let you down.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Hoosier Huntress Hoosier Huntress is offline
Black Bear
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 269
Default

You keep on bragging on your boy! Looks like your doing a fine job raising him. Way to go!
__________________
Lisa Metheny
Outdoor Writer and Photographer
www.lisametheny.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-16-2008, 04:21 PM
bullmoose38's Avatar
bullmoose38 bullmoose38 is offline
Moose
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pine Grove, PA
Posts: 2,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Huntress View Post
You keep on bragging on your boy! Looks like your doing a fine job raising him. Way to go!
Thats awesome farm! It sounds like hes already smarter then me! Keep up the good work.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-16-2008, 04:33 PM
TLC's Avatar
TLC TLC is offline
Caribou
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: southern, Il
Posts: 640
Default

FC, you have every right to be proud of your son. he's proof that good parenting still works.

our turn? OK, just remember, you asked. Our daughter got cancer at the age of 7. she was a fighter and after spending a year in the hospital, walked a way a winner against the cancer. unfortunately, she developed congestive heart failure from the chemo and radiation treatments. she looked like every other kid on the block. but she was far from it. at the age of 10, she had to have the ribs that cover her heart removed because the radiation had burned the nerves in her back where they attached to the spinal cord. she was a straight "A" student, was mentioned in the "who's who" in america HS students for her artwork. she got into rodeoing at age 14, and was very accomplished at barrel racing and goat roping. with a specially made chest protector and the Dr's OK and her begging. she attended college in NM at a college that specialized in rodeoing.
in january of '03, she entered a heart transplant center in san antonio, texas. after three plus months, she finally got her new heart. on april 23rd, after going thru all this, we lost our baby girl. we always were, and always will be, proud of our daughter.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-16-2008, 05:26 PM
BRIAN34's Avatar
BRIAN34 BRIAN34 is offline
Caribou
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MT CARROLL IL
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmoose38 View Post
Thats awesome farm! It sounds like hes already smarter then me! Keep up the good work.
a'int that the truth...........awesome story....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-16-2008, 06:09 PM
bullmoose38's Avatar
bullmoose38 bullmoose38 is offline
Moose
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pine Grove, PA
Posts: 2,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
FC, you have every right to be proud of your son. he's proof that good parenting still works.

our turn? OK, just remember, you asked. Our daughter got cancer at the age of 7. she was a fighter and after spending a year in the hospital, walked a way a winner against the cancer. unfortunately, she developed congestive heart failure from the chemo and radiation treatments. she looked like every other kid on the block. but she was far from it. at the age of 10, she had to have the ribs that cover her heart removed because the radiation had burned the nerves in her back where they attached to the spinal cord. she was a straight "A" student, was mentioned in the "who's who" in america HS students for her artwork. she got into rodeoing at age 14, and was very accomplished at barrel racing and goat roping. with a specially made chest protector and the Dr's OK and her begging. she attended college in NM at a college that specialized in rodeoing.
in january of '03, she entered a heart transplant center in san antonio, texas. after three plus months, she finally got her new heart. on april 23rd, after going thru all this, we lost our baby girl. we always were, and always will be, proud of our daughter.
Sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. Im sure you are a proud parent of her accomplishments.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-16-2008, 06:33 PM
hollyhoyt hollyhoyt is offline
Antelope
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmcntry View Post
My son is every parents dream.
He's 7 right now, 8 in August.
He overcame some problems at birth so he really is special.

He's been the quarterback 2 years now for his flag team. Moves to pads this year.

He's been the 1st baseman or pitcher for 4 years now in coach pitch.

In 1st grade he made 100% on their EOG so they kept testing him and he passed the 3rd grade EOG's! (That's as high as they tested.)

This year in 2nd grade they moved him to advanced reading and math classes.
In his advanced reading class he had to get 6 points to pass out of a possible 20. He got 19.6 points!!!!!!!!!!
All straight A's in his advanced math as well!

So he's reading and doing math on a 4th grade level now.
I'm very proud of him.
He loves to hunt and fish all the time as well and HAS to stay outdoors as much as possible.
Now we're entering wrestling and martial arts and he's learning very quickly.

Just had to brag, your turn now.
That's great I would be bragging too!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-16-2008, 06:35 PM
hollyhoyt hollyhoyt is offline
Antelope
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
FC, you have every right to be proud of your son. he's proof that good parenting still works.

our turn? OK, just remember, you asked. Our daughter got cancer at the age of 7. she was a fighter and after spending a year in the hospital, walked a way a winner against the cancer. unfortunately, she developed congestive heart failure from the chemo and radiation treatments. she looked like every other kid on the block. but she was far from it. at the age of 10, she had to have the ribs that cover her heart removed because the radiation had burned the nerves in her back where they attached to the spinal cord. she was a straight "A" student, was mentioned in the "who's who" in america HS students for her artwork. she got into rodeoing at age 14, and was very accomplished at barrel racing and goat roping. with a specially made chest protector and the Dr's OK and her begging. she attended college in NM at a college that specialized in rodeoing.
in january of '03, she entered a heart transplant center in san antonio, texas. after three plus months, she finally got her new heart. on april 23rd, after going thru all this, we lost our baby girl. we always were, and always will be, proud of our daughter.
Sorry to hear about your loss..I can see why you would be proud of your daughter!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-16-2008, 07:47 PM
TLC's Avatar
TLC TLC is offline
Caribou
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: southern, Il
Posts: 640
Default

thanks to the both of you for the kind words. she was a special young lady.

FYI, we are just as proud of our son as well. taking him on his first bear hunt this coming may.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump