Old 07-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Whitetail

Default Ralphs Katera opinion

Ralph,
I would really like to hear your overall opinion about the Hoyt Katera. I've never been able to shoot bows with that short of a brace height but I have been told by many that the Katera isn't like any other bow.

Thanks!

Last edited by AFSniper; 07-30-2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: update
Old 07-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Antelope

heres a pot shot for vicki:

he cant have to long of a brace height or his bow would be bigger than him

jk ralph.

2009 count
1 bear (bow)
1 turkey (20 gauge)

www.bigwoodstaxidermy.com
www.bigbearscents.com
Old 07-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Caribou

R+V are out of town for the weekend I think, I think they went to the Deerasic classic? not real sure though. I just started shooting the Katera myself, and love it. I used to shoot the trykon and shot it very well, and so far the katera is just as easy to shoot. It has the string stop, so that helps with the shootability. Speed is great, very little handshock, and fairly quiet, all things considered it's a very good shooting bow. I'm sure Ralph will check in when he gets back. If you have any proshops nearby go shoot one while you are waiting for the response!!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Muley

I shot one this afternoon for the first time. I was very impressed. If you didn't know the brace height, you wouldn't know it was 6". Speed seemed to be great and it felt great at the shot. I'd definitely recommend taking it for a test drive if you get the chance.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Moose

Its an amazing shooter! Its doesnt shoot like a short brace height bow. Its very forgiving for only 6 inch brace height. Give it a shot Im sure you will like it!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Musk Ox

Hoyt has advertised and is already coming out with two new bows for 2009. Their pricing is very noticably lower.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Muley

The brace height will surprise you with the Katera, you would never know it is a 6" brace if you didn't see it. This bow shoots great with no recoil and forgiving, everything you would never imagine from a short brace. HOYT has done it again! Vicki & I are shooting the Katera with great results. The longer your arrow stays on the string the more energy transfered to the shaft, so when you are a shorter draw length like ME the better off we are! Shoot it and you will make your own mind up...IT ROCKS!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM_Ralph View Post
The longer your arrow stays on the string the more energy transfered to the shaft, so when you are a shorter draw length like ME the better off we are!
So is that why the Beman nocs seem to be so tight compared to my Easton nocs? In other words, a tighter noc grips the string longer, allowing for more transfer. Hmmm... Interesting.

Thanks Ralph!
Old 08-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Caribou

Rick, don't read too much into that. I think it's more along the lines of some strings have heavier servings than others so some nocks have a bigger gap than others.

I could be wrong, but I don't know that your reasoning is spot on either.

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Old 08-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rick View Post
So is that why the Beman nocs seem to be so tight compared to my Easton nocs? In other words, a tighter noc grips the string longer, allowing for more transfer. Hmmm... Interesting.

Thanks Ralph!
I actually don't like a tight fitting Nock due to it may affect the flight of the arrow.

The string should just push the arrow along..

The arrow should not try and pull the string with it.
Slick Trick 85 grain
HHA Single Pin Sights