Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowmike View Post
Bear hunt!!!
X2 FOR THE BEAR HUNT
Old 01-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Elk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
pbg, coming down to Georgia in march for a hog hunt at Ft. Benning. group of us from another site. do it yourself thing. see how this works out.

Is it full? Ft. Benning is only about an hour away from me. What site?
Old 01-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Caribou

PBG, no such thing as full with this group. its the nahc site. right now we have 10 comfirmed people going. going to be staying at a holiday inn near columbus. if you want to check it out, go to the nahc site, and you can read about it in the "events" forum. whatyacallitpolooza thread. start on page 6. we also have information in the "miscellaneous" forum, under "manners". its a bow hunt only as turkey season is at the same time. have guys coming from: georgia, alabama, illinois, michigan, virginia, connecticut, tennessee, and kentucky. sounds like a wild time to be had as the mention of "shine" and "gurly bars" have already been talked about. don't let the abuse we throw at each other bother you. its part of that group. now, with that bein said, you better have your butt there for the fun. guess you want the dates. march 24th - march 28th. but you can read all the fun yourself at the other site.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Elk

Quote:
PBG, no such thing as full with this group. its the nahc site. right now we have 10 comfirmed people going. going to be staying at a holiday inn near columbus. if you want to check it out, go to the nahc site, and you can read about it in the "events" forum. whatyacallitpolooza thread. start on page 6. we also have information in the "miscellaneous" forum, under "manners". its a bow hunt only as turkey season is at the same time. have guys coming from: georgia, alabama, illinois, michigan, virginia, connecticut, tennessee, and kentucky. sounds like a wild time to be had as the mention of "shine" and "gurly bars" have already been talked about. don't let the abuse we throw at each other bother you. its part of that group. now, with that bein said, you better have your butt there for the fun. guess you want the dates. march 24th - march 28th. but you can read all the fun yourself at the other site.
The only bow I own is a youth bow, and I don't have my primitive weapons license (although I can probably get it by that time). Will a youth bow with a 35-lb pull kill a hog? I'll have to get some broadheads, too.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Caribou

pbg, not sure about that. first hog hunt for me. have to ask that question on the other site. BTW, the address is, www.huntingclub.com.

you can always come for the turkey hunting if you wanted too. or the drinking.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Elk

Quote:
pbg, not sure about that. first hog hunt for me. have to ask that question on the other site. BTW, the address is, www.huntingclub.com.

you can always come for the turkey hunting if you wanted too. or the drinking.

drinking is out, at least for me. being diabetic, the alcohol would mess with my sugar levels.

never been turkey hunting, either, but I want to.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Caribou

heres what I was told about the bow weight. unless it is a perfect shot, you better have the spear and bowie knife ready for the hogs charge. so there you have it. let me know what you decide to do.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Elk

35 lbs is good with a very sharp broadhead. Numerous hogs have been taken at 30#'s and up. Check out my buddies at Texasboars.com forum. Get with Howie. His daughter has killed a great deal of hogs with 30#'s and up. You'd probably be fine. Check your local laws to see if there is any minimum bow poundage for hogs. Here in Texas, if you can kill one with a rock it's legal. Check out Slick Trick Magnums 1 1/8" cut diam. and fly just like field points. They are incredible. I used to shoot Muzzy's but recently switched to the ST's.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 01-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Muley

sounds like a great time,,,Let me know where we sign up

Mirage,,,,,now thats a hunt of a lifetime.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 043.JPG (43.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 01-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9797 View Post
Bear would be nice hunt. But hey a bunch of guys with Ralph anything would be good how can we go wrong.
I also agree with that,but I think a gator would be awesome.

timba