Old 07-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Musk Ox

Default Quivers?

Any of ya'll use the kind that ya don't attach to the bow? I've been kicking around the idea of one of those belt hanging kind.

Any thoughts, ideas or experiences(good or bad) ?

Proud Parent of a Marine
Old 07-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Moose

I use a hip quiver for 3D. I actually like it better than the one that attaches to the bow.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 07-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Moose

When I hunt with the recurve i use a catquiver. Real nice backpack with quiver built in. A little salty in price but what isnt today.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Caribou

I use a Truglo quiver that has a quick attach so it comes off the bow as soon as I'm in my treestand. I don't like the 2 piece quivers that mount to the bow on a compound but that's what I'm using on my recurve...I don't know why but it doesn't seem to bother me on the recurve (maybe because of the cant?) but on the compound I tend to torque my bow when I've got a quiver attached. I also like the catquiver like bull does, it allows you to store stuff and carry your arrows easily accesible (sitting while wearing some of them is difficult though...I can't ride a atv while wearing one). The offer several sizes and configurations they are made by Rancho Safari. Like Monie I also use a hip quiver for 3d but I can't get used to the arrows sticking out and moving around while hunting??

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Musk Ox

Mines attached. Never used any other kind.

-----------------------------
I'm Proof As To What Little Girls Are Made Of
**GUNPOWDER & LEAD**
-----------------------------
Old 07-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Musk Ox

I have the cat quiver two is a combo with a very small back pack. The backpack part of it is not so great but the quiver part works pretty good.

I have attachable types for my bows but most generally remove them once I'm in the blind or treestand. If I'm still hunting or spot and stalk I'd leave them on or use the cat quiver two.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Musk Ox

I use a belt quiver for 3D and a removable quiver I hang on the tree to hunt.

I've used the Cat Quiver before but I kept catching my arrows on twigs and limbs. Busted a couple arrows. Just not for me.
Slick Trick 85 grain
HHA Single Pin Sights
Old 07-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr

I have the quiver that attaches to my bow but as we have been shooting with a family that uses the kind that attaches to a belt or belt loop (she makes them and has one in pink camo that I am lusting after!) I am really thinking about getting her to make me on to use when we are target practicing. Our friend has a wooden box with holes in it for the arrows but when we have 6-8 people shooting it is not big enough and their belt quivers come in handy.
-- Lucille Ball
Old 07-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Musk Ox

I've looked at the packs with intregal quivers but don't think they're for me. The area I hunt is pretty rough. I've had my feet fly out from under me more times than I care to remember.
The quiver I saw, hangs from your belt and holds 4-6 arrows much like the attachable kind. You can remove it when in the stand to hang up also.

Proud Parent of a Marine
Old 07-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Black Bear

Send a message via MSN to HurricaneCreek

VA Hunter...have you seen the Game Plan Spot and Stalk? I never attach my quiver and had a hard time figuring out how to carry it until I found this. It is now probably one of my favorite pieces of hunting equipment.

http://www.gameplangear/spotnstalk.html

PSE X-Force SS
Wac 'Em Tritons

You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need---Vernon Howard