Old 06-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Black Bear

Default pros&cons

Im think of buying a new bow and was wondering the pros and cons first a hoyt katera xt or a bowtech 101st airborne.I have a 29in draw and been shooting 70lbs.any input would be great!
HELLRAZORS
Old 06-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Black Bear

I think your best bet would be to shoot both and see which one you like. Look at the specs too, which I'll assume you already have. I don't think you could go wrong with either choice.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:27 AM
Moose

The best thing you can do it shoot them both and decide what right for you. Personally I think the Katera is a much nicer bow. I am currently shooting it and absolutely love it. In fact I like it that much we just named Holly's new kitten Katera. The Katera is very smoooooooooooooth, fast, and very forgiving! It is a short brace height but it doesnt shoot like a short brace bow. I shot bowtechs and they just aint the bow for me. Dont get me wrong they make a good bow. But I always felt their draw cycle is way to harsh. Just my .02.....
Old 06-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Muley

Shoot'em both. That's the best way to tell.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Elk

Don't rule out Diamond bows. They are made by Bowtech and are Bowtech's single cam lineup. The Marquis is an exquisite bow and so is the Black Ice. I shoot a 70# Black Ice. Best bow I've shot. 3.6 lbs. 32" ATA. FAST, Quiet, Smooth.

Make sure you shoot before you buy. Buying a bow is like buying shoes (The should be comfortable the first time you try them on).

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 06-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Musk Ox

Don't rule out Mathews bows too. And in my opinion don't get hung up in the hype that a faster is better.