Old 07-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Elk

Thanks for the Meta Peep info. According to that info I would actually gain at least 1 fps over the peep I'm using now which has a larger outside radius and more weight. That sounds like a plan. Well worth the 60 seconds to put it on.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 07-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Caribou

Not sure on brand but I shoot a 1/4" that's angled to match the string angle at full draw. Might try the string splitter though.....gotta try new gadgets.....I just might like it!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 07-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Whitetail

Default peep

I also use the meta peep and love it,just wondering if anyone knows how many fps you would loose going to the string splitter?
Old 07-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Moose

Ooo...good question. I don't see a weight on it. Is it heavier than a traditional peep? You may not lose any fps.

Welcome krebse!

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 07-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
Ooo...good question. I don't see a weight on it. Is it heavier than a traditional peep? You may not lose any fps.

Welcome krebse!
Yep, they're heavier. I know a couple of guys that have tried them and took them out because of the lost fps.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Elk

I would guess you're going to lose 2-3 fps. You loose approx 2 on a standard peep. You loose speed for EVERYTHING you put on your string. E-buttons (1-2 fps) Nocking point (1-2 fps) string silencers (2 fps each), etc. etc. etc. That's why never reach IBO speed. BTW, if you are shooting 403 gr per arrow (including the fieldpoint) that is 53 fps over what they use for IBO and you lose 16.6 pfs just because of the arrow you've selected. I will be switching to the Gold Tip Ultralight 500's in the future to get my 16 fps back!

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 07-07-2008, 07:14 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
Yep, they're heavier. I know a couple of guys that have tried them and took them out because of the lost fps.
String Splitter web site claims only a 4 - 6 fps reduction is speed from a bare string.

All I could find is their mini version weights around 21 grains and another one weights close to 46 grains.

My G5 meta peep weighs about 6.5 grains.

You decide.

I've also heard concerns about accelerated sting wear due to the angle of the string splitter....
Slick Trick 85 grain
HHA Single Pin Sights
Old 07-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Musk Ox

Meta 1/4" hunter peep is working just fine for me. I'll watch on side lines on the string splitter to see who keeps on.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Whitetail

Thanks for all the info, i think I will stay with my meta peep for now because I dont want the extra weight.