Old 06-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
lol...reminds me of when I dropped my platform pin, 15 feet up! Oh boy! Was that ever a memory I'll never forget!

The Summits are great in that respect...that and they sure are light! My current climber weighs in at 35 lbs!
The only problem I've had is in quiet situations my summit is noisey when trying to put it around the tree. Other than that I've sat in a tree for up to 12 hours in my climber and have felt quite comfortable all day.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Moose

I understand that. My climber can be just as noisy even though I don't have to insert the cable to secure it.

I agree that they are extremely comfortable. They are almost TOO comfortable! It would be easy to sleep in one.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 07-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Whitetail

Summit Goliath I'm 6' 1" #280 , I have no problem , I can sleep....I mean sit all day long
Old 07-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Moose

lol...that's what I do, too!!

Welcome FLJohn!!!

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 07-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Musk Ox

My Summit viper is the best I have tried. Lone Wolf climbers are not as comfortable although they don't weigh as much as a Summit. I know in a Lone Wolf I can't sit but a few minutes before wanting to stand up. My viper is quiet and makes for a very safe stand especially if you use the connecting cords between the two sections.

I have looked over the Treewalker climbing stands at the deer and turkey shows when in town and they appear to be quality made stands.

Last edited by Bow Drawn; 07-02-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Caribou

"My hunting partner is 6" and weighs ~ 280. He is looking for a good sturdy climbing tree stand." Buckfeverforlife, tell your hunting buddy he better find one thats strong and has a short tie string. if he is only 6 inches tall, its going to take him all day long to get up a tree. shoot, thats only moving maybe 2-3 inches at a time. anyways, someone mentioned the net seats. in my opinion, they are the most comfortable seats out there. they conform to your bottom side and you stay comfy all day long. just shy of the tree lounge for comfort. hate the way the canvas seats cut into your legs. and they all seem so short front to back.
Ted Nugent United Sportsman of America
Bowhunter
Hunt hard, go home happy, thank God for all he has given you
Old 07-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Whitetail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
lol...that's what I do, too!!

Welcome FLJohn!!!

Thanks Buddy , this is a interesting forum. I love the shows
so I figured I'd check the site, and low and behold..Here I am.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:48 AM
Caribou

FLJohn, Welcome to the forum.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr

Will is about 6'2" and is a size 36 (we don't have scales at the house so no idea of his weight!!) and he has the Goliath and LOVES it! Robert (friend of ours) is just as tall but bigger and likes the Goliath but is planning on getting the Titan this year because of the extra inches. Joe is about 5'10" (maybe a little less) and has the Viper. All three of them swear they have fallen asleep in the stands and felt safe. Will says he would have never killed the 8 point last year if it had not been for the stand because he would have gotten down a lot sooner if the stand had not been so comfortable.

These are three guys who spend hours on end in the stand (they get down about 11 and are back out there about 1) and swear by the Summit stands. I do not do climber stands so have no personal experience and am just repeating the stuff they were saying last night when we were shooting bows.
-- Lucille Ball
Old 07-08-2008, 04:51 AM
Antelope

Well, after helping my buddy find a new stand, I decided to buy the new Summit Titan. I ordered it off Ebay from a guy here in my home state of WV. I got the Stand, drop down blind and accessory bags for $368 delivered. I called Cabelas and for the same set up it would have cost me almost $450 with shipping to my door. I gave a local shop my business and still saved money. I should be getting the stand soon and will post some pics and reviews.