Old 07-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Musk Ox

Two Pics from a couple night ago. They got this first one up fast. Then we took them to another spot and Sally broke her lead and caught one along a roadway ditch. One last drop for the evening and they took off and got deep. In the mean time, me and my dad scored on one. Lol It was sitting in someone's old treestand! It climbed up the tree before I could get a pic. The dogs finally opened and then treed in some nasty cattails and junk, but they had the coon. No Pics of that tree, could hardly get in there to grab the dogs.

Quest,

Sally and Quest,

Tip: Never tie a big dog (65+ Pounds) to a small sapling...unless of course, you want it uprooted.

-----------------------------
I'm Proof As To What Little Girls Are Made Of
**GUNPOWDER & LEAD**
Old 08-04-2008, 06:54 AM
Musk Ox

Aug. 2nds Hunt:

Had Tanner and Sally in tow for the hunt. Got to try out my Tracker Flash also! I like it! We made it back at almost 2:30am and that tuckered Tanner right out. Lol She must have slept a good 14-16 hours. Lol

1ST Drop,
Tanner Smoked something fast (Deer or Fox) , went almost to the next road. She finally quit it and Sally made a tree deep in the woods, it was a den though. Finally caught Tanner on the way out. Not how I pictured the first drop going. Tanner has been acting a bit dumb though since coming out of heat, but I still didn't expect off game from her. Might have to get the E-collar out.

2ND Drop,
Sally goes in and just slams a small tree in a tree line. Tanner then also backs her up. They must have just about caught this guy. Couldn't get him in a pic, It sure was thick.

Sent them on after this and Sally disappeared. Tanner milled around with us and then ran a short track and fell treed. Didn't appear that she had it up the small Cherry tree though.
Still no Sal.

Cut Tanner again and she struck and then shut up. Finally, Sally let us know where she was at. She was treed, but not solid. She finally warmed it up and we got to her, only to find a tangle of grape vines and another den tree.
As we pulled Sally off the tree we could hear Tanner way on back in the woods, and man was she hammering that tree! It was going to take us a while to get to her and I was hoping she would stay, and more so, have the coon.

She sure did have it! YES! This partially made up for the first drop.

We thought we could squeeze in that dreaded last drop....We cut'm and they were treed within 5 minutes! Had this one too!

**GUNPOWDER & LEAD**

Last edited by OhioCooner; 08-04-2008 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Word Color
Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Bighorn

So Laura, with all the activity you have going, won't the raccoons just up and leave for... quieter grounds? Or are there just too many there to worry about spooking them out?
Old 08-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Musk Ox

If you're not shooting at them, they'll hang around. And actually if you hunt a particular spot enough you'll kind of "train" them and they'll look at you regularly when you first get in there to grab the dogs.
Now, when it's kill season, it's every coon for themself! Last year during season we made a tree and shot one down. We cut the dogs in this woods again and I heard this very loud Thump! Turns out there was another coon near by, heard the shot and jumped out of the tree and ran for it's den!
They don't call them Tricky Ricky's for nothing!

**GUNPOWDER & LEAD**
Old 08-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Musk Ox

We've been out hunting and I grabbed some nice pictures of the dogs, but...we haven't found the coon in any of them! Too many leaves, Come On Fall!! Frustrating with all these leaves, mainly because I want to know if my little Tanner is slick or not. She's been making a few too many trees and without seeing the coon, I think she may be fibbing. Time will tell I guess.

**GUNPOWDER & LEAD**
Old 08-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Musk Ox

I could post these though.

Here we are with a couple trophies from a bench show.

Had my sister snap a couple pics during a practice session.

**GUNPOWDER & LEAD**
Old 08-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Bighorn

I never get tired of looking at those dogs.

Partial to labs, as I've said before, but those really are great looking dogs. Good work kiddo!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Caribou

OC, after looking at that third pic, have to say. if you can keep that one winking at the judges when they are looking at the front, you'll have a winner every time. beautiful blanket on that one. then again, partial to the blanket backs myself.
Ted Nugent United Sportsman of America
Bowhunter
Hunt hard, go home happy, thank God for all he has given you
Old 08-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Musk Ox

Thanks!
I don't know how she did the wink, but any little charm she can put on for a judge is fine by me!
TLC, You wouldn't happen to have a Blanket Back male would ya? I'm looking for someone to show Pairs with at Autumn Oaks.

Been out these past 2 nights, Tanner here smoked a deer in a Huge circle around us. Sally went deep and had 2 kittens in her tree.
Last night, have pics coming hopefully.

**GUNPOWDER & LEAD**
Old 08-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Caribou

OC, no dogs left at all. have checked around but haven't come up with anything for you. YET!!! have some calls in to some guys in michigan. need to see if they are going to autumn oaks. not going. have to get all my work done before I go on my bear and lope hunt beginning of next month.
Ted Nugent United Sportsman of America
Bowhunter
Hunt hard, go home happy, thank God for all he has given you