Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > Hog'N Down

Old 06-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Muley

Yeah that's pretty scary Nate. I think a hunter needs to be taking him out pretty soon before someone does get hurt. Just remember though, you don't have to be a fast runner you just need to out run the preacher. Sorry Randy. lol
www.benpearson.com
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
www.mossyoak.com
Starr Flight FOB Pro Staff
www.starrflight.com
Pro String Pro Staff
www.prostring.com
Predator Pendulum Sight Field Staff
www.predatoriv.com
Old 06-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Bighorn

Nate... 2 things...

First - DON'T GET KILLED BEFORE WE GET A CHANCE TO GO HUNT WITH YOU!!! Man haven't you been reading my posts! We've had too much go wrong already and dang near lost the chance!!

2nd, and most inportant...

What's the story on Herc! I'm looking forward to seeing him.

I'm glad you and Preacher are ok. For those that don't know, Preacher is a BIG OL man. And I mean tree trunk big. Nate ain't no slouch either for that matter, but Preacher is a big 'un. Nate's full time job is among the most dangerous of them all.

It kinda reminds me of the T-shirt a bomb-tech I knew wore all the time:

IF YOU SEE ME RUNNING... TRY AND KEEP UP!

When these two bolt, you gotta know that was one MONSTER of a boar.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:40 AM
Muley

No worries Rick. I'm still kicking. We are gonna have a blast. I am looking forward to meeting you and your family.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Whitetail

Default hunt

tdm69 wrote:
Quote:
Just remember though, you don't have to be a fast runner you just need to out run the preacher. Sorry Randy.

Hey Terry,
I learned along time ago, if you ain't the fastest runner, be the best at tripping.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Musk Ox

Euro boars don't have the temperament of the everyday feral pig. You have an animal that has been hard wired to survive and if he's your alpha herd boar then any other boars or challenges are met in battle. He should make for great breeder boar and maintained in some other enclosure so he can breed.

Hey that's why euro boar hunting with a bow is such a rush cause this very thing can and does happen. I've had it happen to me down Tenn. and once you get charged by one of these prehistoric behemoths it gives you a whole new perspective the "blue collar grizzly bear hunt".
Old 07-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Elk

There are too numerous free ranging feral hog charges here too. Not just the Euros that can be deadly. My buddy, whom I hunt with quite often, was recently charged from 30 yards by a 600 lb boar in his corn field next to the house. Fortunately he only twisted his ankle jumping out of the way. We saw another 600 lb monster chasing a 300 lb boar across his neighbors field. We've even had them try to get up on the four wheeler with us. Especially when we trap them. If you do let one go you're never show what he's going to do. Euros are beautiful as far as hogs go. They're tall and lean. Breeding with our hogs should produce incredibly thick and incredibly tall monsters! Nate and Randy are friends of mine and Nate has plenty of euros running around trying to breed for this very reason. One boar "Hercules" is a good 36-40" tall with cutters a good 4" long!

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak