Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > Archers Choice

Old 06-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Whitetail

Default Looking for a bowhunt caribou outfitter?

Looking to book a bowhunt for caribou in a few years. In either NWT or Quebec. I've talked to Peter from Mirage outfitters, and Arctic adventures in NWT. I think I'm leaning towards Mirage. Little cheaper and closer. Could anybody that has caribou hunted give me some input. Has anybody hunted with either of these outfitters?
Old 06-18-2008, 04:12 AM
Moose

I didnt get to hunt them yet but a few of my friends went. And everyone that went with Mirage had nothing but great things to say. I know when i go it will be through Mirage. Im sure you will get a few replies on this thread. I know some forum members hunted with them. Firediver hunted with them last year and I am sure he will answer any questions you have. Good luck!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Musk Ox

I've heard great things about Jack Hume Outfitters as well.
Slick Trick 85 grain
HHA Single Pin Sights
Old 06-19-2008, 04:54 AM
Caribou

Mirage seems to be the place from what I've heard...never actually been, hope to one day though!
NAP Spitfires
Old 06-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Antelope

Can any one tell me how much a caribou hunt would be roughly?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Caribou

I think mirage is 8000-10000 dollars roughly,(quote me if I am wrong). Not cheap, but I hear it is a wonderful experiance.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Muley

Depends where you live. Me about $1000. DIY of course but I have a cabin to stay at....... until they aren't nearby. Snowmobiles and quads if I please and a local guy who would (for lack of a better term) babysit me....... I mean lead. I'm just paying for gas, food and tags....... thats it.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Whitetail

Default Caribou hunt

I am an associate with Safari Nordik Caribou hunts. I would be more than happy to send you any information about the hunts. THe hunts that we provide are all inclusive and include your hunt for 2 caribou, your tags and license, hunting ptarmain, meat processing of both caribou, hotel stays in Montreal Quebec on the way there and the way back, and also your round trip airfare from any US Airport. The Archers Choice Posse filmed with us 2 seasons ago, and in 2 weeks, Vicki is joining me for a woman's hunt that we put together. Please feel free to ask them any questions regarding the hunt as well.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:26 AM
Musk Ox

I hunted with Mirage last fall and had a great experience. I've also heard nothing but great things about Safari Nordik.

If I was to go again.....although my experience with Mirage was nearly flawless, I think I would give Safari Nordik a try.

As far as price goes.....last I checked Mirage had raised their price to $5800ish and Safari Nordik was around $5000.

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.

Last edited by firediver; 08-11-2008 at 06:29 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbyshero View Post
I am an associate with Safari Nordik Caribou hunts. I would be more than happy to send you any information about the hunts. THe hunts that we provide are all inclusive and include your hunt for 2 caribou, your tags and license, hunting ptarmain, meat processing of both caribou, hotel stays in Montreal Quebec on the way there and the way back, and also your round trip airfare from any US Airport. The Archers Choice Posse filmed with us 2 seasons ago, and in 2 weeks, Vicki is joining me for a woman's hunt that we put together. Please feel free to ask them any questions regarding the hunt as well.
I'd like to know more. Possibly for 2010 booking so I can break it in at home without loosing my home

Last edited by Bow Drawn; 08-12-2008 at 04:01 PM.