Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Archer's Choice Media Forums > The ACM Hang Out

Old 06-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Caribou

thats so cool, all of y'all with lil ones that hunt or will hunt....mine never got into it....maybe one day.....get her a bow Timba, my first bow was a pink PSE
Old 06-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Antelope

Hey YorkArcher... I was worried about them being quiet too. They're kids!!! I understand that they aren't always quiet as I'm sure you do. But, there are things you can do to help with keeping them occupied. A few things that I've done in the past: pencils/paper/crayons if you're in a blind you're pretty well concealed, buy them their own set of small binoculars (i've found that this can keep them occupied for hours if you suggest you saw something in a certain direction and they start looking for it, different candy (milk duds, peanut butter cups, etc.) The big thing is, make the trip enjoyable for both you and the kids. Don't expect to sit real long either. You don't want them to get bored, but to rather enjoy the time they get to spend with you, so they look forward to doing it again!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Musk Ox

That's Awesome!! Good Job to you all that have gotten your kids involved!!
I loved looking at the Pics!

-----------------------------
I'm Proof As To What Little Girls Are Made Of
**GUNPOWDER & LEAD**
-----------------------------
Old 06-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to Cherokeechass

Madelynn loves to shoot her bow, she is 7. Dalton does too he will be 5 soon but he has a small attention problem. Billy took him squirrel hunting and he couldn't sit still. But he did point out some squirrel pretty far off that Billy couldn't even see. I guess he's got some young keen eyes.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Antelope

I have 4 kids, girl 10 boy 6 girl 4 boy 18 mths, all of whom love the outdoors. My youngest son when he was 15 mths old would not go to bed until he went down stairs and touched every deer mount in the room to tell them goodnight. He'd go from all out to touching noses to bed in a matter of 5 minutes. I told my wife, who doesn't appreciate my mounts as much as me see it paid to mount all those deer now didn't it.

Shane
Old 06-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpking View Post
I have 4 kids, girl 10 boy 6 girl 4 boy 18 mths, all of whom love the outdoors. My youngest son when he was 15 mths old would not go to bed until he went down stairs and touched every deer mount in the room to tell them goodnight. He'd go from all out to touching noses to bed in a matter of 5 minutes. I told my wife, who doesn't appreciate my mounts as much as me see it paid to mount all those deer now didn't it.

Shane
My girl used to do the same thing with my ram and bear mount.She loved kissing them on the nose and petty them.