Old 01-20-2008, 08:13 AM
Black Bear

Send a message via MSN to HurricaneCreek

Thanks SRM, I'll take a look at that. I have some Cabela's points built up so it would even be cheaper

PSE X-Force SS
Wac 'Em Tritons

You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need---Vernon Howard
Old 01-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Whitetail

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneCreek View Post
This is one item I will be replacing for this year, but which one to buy? I have never had a good quality pair and I am looking for a compact, lightweight model. Rodney482 mentioned Vortex in another thread, I haven't looked at those yet. I've been looking at Steiner & Leopould. What do you all use?
I don't know how much you want to spend I have a pair of nikon monarch's 10x42 and there pretty good bino's for under $300.00 you can buy a pair of them at www.cameralandny.com for under $250.00 ask for doug,they are top notch.the monarch's come in 8.5x56mm and10x56and 12x56mm now,myself I like the larger objective lens they let in more light so you can see objects better with less light,you will probaly get 15to20 minutes of extra seeing light with the 56mm VS. the 42's
Old 01-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Muley

trust me on this one,,,dont look any further than Vortex,,,their Diamondbacks simply can not be beat for $209,,,,The vipers and razors are unreal.

PS...I used to use Swarovski EL........
Old 01-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Whitetail

Default Nikon Monarchs

You really can't beat the monarchs for the price and quality you receive!
Old 01-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Whitetail

Send a message via ICQ to bucky2fish Send a message via AIM to bucky2fish Send a message via Yahoo to bucky2fish Send a message via Skype™ to bucky2fish

eagle optics or vortex are quality i own eagle optic 10x50 used in alaska they worked very well. caribou viewing 2 to 3 miles. spend as much $ as u can afford on the quality steps of the different bio.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Antelope

Bushnell Trophy Series 10x42's. They are the first set of decent ones I have bought but I love them.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Elk

I use Leupold Wind River Cascades 10x42 and are the best I've had and a great value at just under 300 bucks. Take a look at them!

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 03-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Black Bear

I like the nikons but i'd go to a sporting goods store that had some of the ones you are looking at and compare them.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Black Bear

Send a message via MSN to HurricaneCreek

Well, after much research I went with Celestron Noble's, 8x32, with a lifetime no-fault warranty. I just got them a couple days ago and so far I love them. I am on the "small" side so for carrying in the field these bino's fit me very well, the image quality is great even in twilight. Although I haven't gotten to really put them to the test yet, at this point I am well pleased

PSE X-Force SS
Wac 'Em Tritons

You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need---Vernon Howard
Old 03-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Elk

Do you use the crooked horn bino straps or the one that hangs around your neck? I would suggest the crooked horn straps. A little restricting but I like the way they hold my binos against my body and take the weight off my neck.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak