Old 05-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Musk Ox

Default The smorgassboard show this week

Did I catch the shot distance on the mule deer being killed - at 65 yards! And it was dead on on a monster muley. Great shot. How many of you can do that??? Anybody practice that shot now??? The camera shot made it look like a 40 yard shot and it was a steep angle down hill - I wonder if he used a ranger finder that calculated the ballistic angle for him?
Old 05-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Moose

Yeah he made one awesome shot didnt he! I cant shoot that far when Im hunting. But if you can shoot like Propst did go for it. That shot was right on the money!
Old 05-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Bighorn

I missed another one! I really wanted to see the Muley out here too!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Black Bear

If you missed seeing it get SWD4 and you can see it all you want.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Caribou

I practice to 70 pretty regular and occasionally shoot 80 just for fun. Shooting that long makes 20-30 yds seem close, but I don't think I could take a shot that long while hunting. I don't think there is anything wrong with it if you practice and know your yardage, I just don't think I could hold it together and execute that shot Chris made....I don't think many of us could. Great job Chris!!!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 05-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Whitetail

Hi Guys,

Chris and I practiced religously at long ranges all summer preparing for that hunt, we knew the country would be open with little cover, when he ranged the buck it was 65 yards, he actually held it just a little low to compensate for the angle, the hill was not terribly steep, but the shot was on the money, right in the pocket, deer only went 40 yards, it was the biggest thrill of our hunting career, buck grossed 205'', and if you are into net (we're not) he would actually net 195 B&C, just an awesome animal!

Good luck to all this fall!

Jeff Propst
Old 05-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Bighorn

DANG I wish I had seen that. Yet another reason to get SWD4!

Thanks Jeff!
Old 05-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACJP View Post
Hi Guys,

Chris and I practiced religously at long ranges all summer preparing for that hunt, we knew the country would be open with little cover, when he ranged the buck it was 65 yards, he actually held it just a little low to compensate for the angle, the hill was not terribly steep, but the shot was on the money, right in the pocket, deer only went 40 yards, it was the biggest thrill of our hunting career, buck grossed 205'', and if you are into net (we're not) he would actually net 195 B&C, just an awesome animal!

Good luck to all this fall!

Jeff Propst
Thanks Jeff for answering my questions. Please pass on my congrats to Chris on outstanding shooting and an awesome muley. Preparation for hunting those conditions sure paid off.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Whitetail

Bow Drawn

Your welcome and thanks for the kind words, now its time to prepare for this coming fall!

Jeff