Old 05-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Black Bear

Default Just bought another bow

Well broke down an bought an 07 Hoyt Vulcan this morning. Would have liked to got rid of the two bowtechs that I have for sale but didn't want to pass on this deal. Comes fully loaded with an Fuse posi-lite quiver, Fuse Axium Stabilizer, Fuse Navigator sight, DMI exterminator drop away rest along with a dozen full metal jacket arrows.

Now the waiting begins as it will take three weeks for it to get here. In the mean time I'll be trying to find an Vector 4.0 cam that will allow me to change the draw lenght to 27".

Can anyone tell me if when I change the cams for the draw lenght will I have to change the string and cables also or will they work? I wasn't sure but don't really care as I will do what I have to, so that I can shoot this bow. What's a few extra dollars now.

Matt
Old 05-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Moose

I believe you will need to get different strings. Im sure someone can give you a definite answer.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Black Bear

Just found some information on the Hoyt website and it looks as if I will need to get them.

Matt
Old 05-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Black Bear

Changing cams on a Hoyt may change the draw weight too some times. Call hoyts tech line and they can help you out.

Take a kid out shooting. Try 3-D, they love it.

Hoyt Carbon Matrix Plus- Now On Order!!!
FMJ
Scent Lok
Old 05-31-2008, 10:50 PM
Black Bear

Well I should be set now. Just bought an set of string and cables from H&M of my new bow, already ordered them so that they shouldn't be far behind my bow. Wasn't to sure as to what colours to go with but decided on Black and Sunset Orange. Then I started looking for an set of Vector 4.0 cams after no luck in the cam section on AT I just posted a WTB ad and within two minutes I had a guy PM me with a set. We made a deal and everything is set to go now.

The real kicker is that the guy that I got thecams from just bought an set of Vector 6.5 cams and that is what is on the bow I have coming or we could have done an evem swap.

Matt