Old 05-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Whitetail

Default Question for Vicki

Hello Mrs. Vicki. The question I have for you is about the largest animal you have ever taken and at what poundage did you take this animal? I ask this because my wife hunted last year for the frist time ever. She went deer hunting and had a shot at a doe but rushed it a little and missed high. Now this year I trying to get her to go elk hunting with me. She has a 26" draw and hunts with 60 lbs with a magnus stinger on the business end of her arrows. So I was just wondering if you always use the same wt or do you increase it when you are going after moose, bear etc... Thanks alot
She would like to see more women bowhunting on your show. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Musk Ox

Vicki is currently bear hunting in Alberta........FYI

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Caribou

Firediver is correct R+V are in Alberta right now. I know Vicki has killed moose with her bow, and I think she has her draw weight somewhere between 55-60#'s. I'm sure she'll let you know when they return. Tell the Mrs. she'll do great with 60#'s and a quality cut on contact head.

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Antelope

ACPOSSETIM is absoluetly correct!! If she is pulling 60# with a cut on contact broadhead she should have no problem!! Tell her to go get 'em!!
The largest animals that I have taken with my bow would have to be Yukon moose and an Eland in Africa!! I average 57# most of the year, when it gets colder and I have to add more clothing to keep warm, I will sometimes crank it down to about 52#. I draw 26" and lately I have been real fond of the NAP Hellraiser broadhead!!
Last week up in Manitoba I had shot a black bear and it only took 10 steps and went down!! I did get a little excited, to say the least!!
Wish her luck and let us know how she does, or better yet, have her join us here!!
VickiC
Old 06-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM_Vicki View Post
ACPOSSETIM is absoluetly correct!! If she is pulling 60# with a cut on contact broadhead she should have no problem!! Tell her to go get 'em!!
The largest animals that I have taken with my bow would have to be Yukon moose and an Eland in Africa!! I average 57# most of the year, when it gets colder and I have to add more clothing to keep warm, I will sometimes crank it down to about 52#. I draw 26" and lately I have been real fond of the NAP Hellraiser broadhead!!
Last week up in Manitoba I had shot a black bear and it only took 10 steps and went down!! I did get a little excited, to say the least!!
Wish her luck and let us know how she does, or better yet, have her join us here!!
VickiC
congrats on the bear vicki

timba