Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Misc Forums > Equipment

Old 06-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Black Bear

Started around five years ago shooting an PSE Deer Hunter. Then two years later switched to an PSE Triton never even hunted with it because a couple of months later I bought an 07 Reflex Growler. By that time the bug was caught, and I started to buy an try different bows. Needless to say I still have the Reflex Growler and have an 07 Vulcan on order right now. In the process of selling an 02 Bowtech Patroit and maybe trading an 04 Bowtech Patroit Daully for an 07 Whisper Creek Sweet Demise.

Just been reserching the Sweet Demise but can't find alot on it right now. Anyone have any information about this bow?

I have tried alot of bows but one thing is forsure my hunting rigs will always be Reflex or Hoyts, tried tested and proven deadly in my hands.

Matt
Old 06-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Whitetail

keep you tc and buy a katera!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Antelope

my mom, my dad, and i all shoot black ice bows. made my diamond (made by bowtech). they are great bows, the moment u pick one up, u wont set it down till you've bought it.

2009 count
1 bear (bow)
1 turkey (20 gauge)

www.bigwoodstaxidermy.com
www.bigbearscents.com
Old 07-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Elk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearhunterfromthestart View Post
my mom, my dad, and i all shoot black ice bows. made my diamond (made by bowtech). they are great bows, the moment u pick one up, u wont set it down till you've bought it.

Hallelujah!

My Black Ice is whisper quiet, incredibly fast, 3.6 lbs 32" ATA, "velvet" camo coating which also acts as a dampener for the entire bow. For those of you feeling like you're hitting a wall when you draw try having the draw stop adjusted. MY BL has the smoothest draw cycle I've ever felt. Personally I think Hoyts are too heavy...like PSE heavy. Even the New Limbsaver Deadzone is too heavy (end there's an empty "thump" sound coming from the limb pockets). Not worth the 750 bucks they ask for the Deadzone. The new DXT is quiet, fast, etc and worth the money but i personally think Bowtech makes a better bow for the money. Gander Mountain now has the Guide Series TecHunter Exterminator Pro (made by Bowtech) that is basically the Black Ice with a roller system instead of the Cable Slide system. It's even quieter than my bow. For 50 more bucks I very well may have bought that one instead. I'm hoping the '09 Black Ice will have the roller system too.

Bottom line, buying a bow is like buying shoes. When you buy shoes they should feel comfortable the first time you put them on. Same thing with a bow. Should feel comfortable the first time you shoot it.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak