Old 04-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Muley

Default father/son trip help

I have been trying to research moose hunting outfitters for a long time and I am at a point where I just can't figure anything more out. Some sound great, but they could be lying. Some look weak, but could be great in reality. So, I am asking for all of the help you all can give me. My father and I are trying to find a hunt for decent size moose but we aren't trophy hunting here. We just want some good representative moose at a place where they treat you right and are able to provide good opportunities WITH ARCHERY GEAR. That is only capitalized because it is very important to us that it is a bowhunting trip. Thank you very much in advance for your recommendations.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Bighorn

Where do you want to hunt? Ie - US or Canada?
Old 04-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Caribou

If money was no object I'd have to say Mcmillan River Adventures that Ralph and Vick always go to, that is an excellent hunt with outstanding results but it is expensive. Personally I have been to Kashabowie Outposts in Ontario www.Kashabowieoutposts.com I think with Fern Duquette. He runs an outstanding moose operation you get a lot of bang for your buck. When I was up there I did the drive in hunt with 2 buddies, we all had some close calls but weren't able to seal the deal however a couple guys in camp did. We were a little off on timing the rut and the weather was still kind of warm. They have good animals, great accomodations, and excellent guides. My guide was Pat Elvish, and I can't say enough good things about him.....he'll go out of his way to get you your moose! All of his guides are this way though. The camp seems to produce year after year, I think I'm going to try and get back up there fall of '09 Check them out you'll be glad you did!!!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Muley

I should have mentioned that anything in, around, or really even remotely close to 6 figures for a moose hunt is WAY out of my price range. I am really hoping for something in the $3K-$4K range.

We have no preference on sub-species or country to hunt them in, except I think you have to draw in all US states don't you? That would be less than desirable just because we have to be able to schedule the hunt well in advance and can't really do that with waiting to see if we draw a tag.

Thank you Tim! I am going to check that place out right now. I would LOVE to hunt MacMillan River Adventures. I just don't have that kind of coin.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Bighorn

Try connecting with huntquest or bowing4bulls.

huntquest is an outfitter here in Colorado, and has been helpful.

bowing4bulls is in New Mexico. I'm not sure if he is an outiftter, or even if moose can be found down there, (I don't see why not really), but he has offered to help set up DIY or guided services there for my wife and I.

That's about the most help I can give you. Hope it pans out!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Antelope

Look into Newfoundland or maybe BC. I have been to both; took a moose in Newfoundland last season and a bear in BC but saw a number of them during the hunt. Check out your outfitter, both places have some shady ones. Good luck with your research and have a great hunt.

Don
Old 04-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Muley

Fern up at Kashabowie Outposts runs a great camp and very affordable in Ontario, plus you can drive up there and bring home the whole moose and this alone is worth it.

Batnuni Lake Guides & outfitters, Jim Linnel and Lyle run a great moose hunt in BC too, a bit more money but good % of success.

Check out Trophybook Outfitters Dan Hungle in ALberta, he too is taking some good moose and knows bowhunting.

MacMillan is great but very $$$$$$$$. If you have any mroe questions just emails us or call the studio.....Hope this helps and I think it is great you adn your Dad going hunting......Ralph
Old 06-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Moose

I know this may be a bit late, but I've been checking as well and Moose Valley Outfitters looks pretty dang good AND they've gotten great reviews!

http://www.moosevalley.com/

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com