Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > Turkey Talk

Old 05-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Caribou

Default Barnyard turkey...what a whacky morning!

Yesterday morning Bullmoose and I decided to do some scouting in efforts to try and fill my one remaining tag. We headed to the woods around 5am just over the hill of the spot where he, holly, and I all shot our gobblers. We heard nothing!!
We did hear one fly out but it never made a peep. So we decide to drive around and check some fields and listen a bit more and still nothing! Just so happens Bull has 3 toms and a hen in a barnyard pen next to his father's house. So we pull up and he says "lets get the turkeys fired up and see if they make anything in the area gobble." Sounds like a good idea to me I said. So the hen starts yelping away and GOOOOBBBLE!!! Right across the street from his dads house this bird lights up!!! We couldn't believe our ears. To make a long story short this bird worked down the hill toward the paved road gobbling and strutting...came to full strut ON THE ROAD and walked across to the barnyard and stared in the pen at these other turkeys. The whole time Adam and I are standing in his dads driveway behind his mothers car watching this turkey. I didn't seem to care that we were there. The bird was there for around 8hrs fighting through the fence and pecking at each other. It wasn't until his mom let the dogs out that the bird finally left!!! What a crazy day!!!
NAP Spitfires

Last edited by youngbuck83; 05-12-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Moose

It was definetly something to see!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Musk Ox

LOL That'd be neat to see! Last weekend when me and my dad were hunting we saw a Tom out in a field. We got in there and set up on him and then he just disappeared after giving us one gobble. Well I kept hearing a very faint gobble that sounded like it was clear on the next road. We drove over that way, thinking maybe the bird wouldn't cross the road to us. I leaned out the truck window, hit the call and nothing. So we drove down a little further to turn around and right there in someone's yard is the mouthy gobbler! LOL He was penned up though! Must have driven that farmer crazy with him gobbling back to our calls that much!