Old 05-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Muley

Default Looking for a place to hunt hogs

Ok guys n Gals where would you recomend to go hog hunting? web page would be appreciated. looking to go in mar 09. Bow hunting.
If all else fails Firediver JR will be seeing me on his front door step

Thanks for any info.

Chad

Last edited by Coodster; 05-05-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Elk

Uh............4doutfitters in TX comes 1st to my mind!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Bighorn

Ummm... Coodster. Keep in mind, I haven't seen this place... I've only seen reports on the place.

I've never met Nate or Preacher, but I've talked to Tina, Nate's wife.

I've read and read and read about place after place after place. I have not read SO MANY positive things on multiple websites, SO MANY positive reports, and someone... no TWO PEOPLE came from MAINE.... the state WAY OUT NORTH... where the pilgrams landed... to hunt with Nate and Randy.

IF you need one more ringing reason... see my thread under User Hunts titled First Target: HOG.

www.4Doutfitters.com period

Ralph and Vicki go to Florida. I don't know squat about the guy they use, but I do know that without knowing me, or my situation, Nate ponied up a freebie to my daughter. What's that tell ya about the guy?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Muley

thanks ladybow n Colo Rick, this is the same place as Great whit hunter went a few mos ago right? I'll have to pm them and get more details but it will prob be just me going so I don't know if that will be an issue, as most places I have seen on the web they want groups of hunters not just one? real nice of them to let your daughter take one for free.
Florida is just to far for me to drive. all the flying I have done recently I don't care to fly for a while and the weather here in march is very unpredictible, just a week ago we had 4" of snow so texas would be a nice change at that time of year.

Chad

Last edited by Coodster; 05-06-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Bighorn

Chad (if I may):

GWH lives about 45 minutes away from them. He's there a lot and good friends with nate, the owner. just pm nate or go to the website.

as for a solo run... well ladybowhbtr can verify this but I believe she went by hersef too. as far as I could tell from the website, I don't think nate minds a loner : )

check though. like I said Ilm no expert on the place but I know people... nate's good people in my book.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Elk

Hey ya'll! I'm way up North tonight in Salt Lake City, UT, feeling a little outa' place.

Anyway Coodster,

While Nate is a good friend of mine (Randy as well) I would not suggest Nate's place if I didn't believe in what he's doing aside from our friendship. Nate and Randy are the finest guys around. Their character, hospitality, and sense of ethics are unquestionable. The way they are with customers is the way they are with friends. There is no show. Further, the place is not the ritz. But, if you want to spend time with guys that will treat you like family...If you want to spend time with guys that care more about giving you gret memories than anything else...if you want excellent opportunities on hogs and a complete Lone Star experience then 4D is your place and Nate is your guy. Don't just take my word for it, go there, see for yourself. Who knows, maybe I can get there to visit ya too! Also, I can not think of anyone more knowledgeable on hogs than Nate in our forum or a number of others. He knows his stuff and is always willing to impart it to those who have an interest.

You can always PM me with any questions about hogs, Nate or anything else. If you don't want to go see Nate I'll help you find another place.

Hope this helps!

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 05-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Muley

oh yeh punk, rub it in
Old 05-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Elk

Yep, I went by myself. Once I was there, I was anything but alone. These guys treat you like a long lost sister....er......for you guys.......brother!!!! Very congenial, thoughtful and courteous. Real Texas Gentlemen. God, I miss Texas. Just nothing like it!!!! Wisonsin has it's points but, there's no place like home!!!!!
Old 05-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Elk

Yep, he takes lone hunters.

More room for me

Maybe I won't hunt but would like to come down and meet ya and hang out a bit if the time/dates work out. Give Nate a call when you get some time or PM him if you decide his place is a go. He'll take good care of you.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak