Old 03-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Bighorn

Default Update: sorta

Cheri, the kids, and myself took a drive out to a Sporting Club we've had our eyes on for a while. Boy am I glad we did! They have an 3D archery course that is really set up well.

They have a number of deer, turkey, and bear targets, as well as a hog, a yote, and even a gopher!

My daughter, God bless her, hit her deer finally with her 15 lb PSE. Man she lit up like a Christmas tree. That was something special. Her brother did really well, and I really belive he will be ready come july for the hogs in Oklahoma.

Cheri and I took multiple shots from multiple angles, even elevated, and Cheri nailed a sweet double lung. She took aim at what would have been the opposite leg on a tough, semi blocked, quartering away angle. I was really proud of all of them. Only wish it was the real deal, but that will come.

Anyway... we took all that you've said with us and tried really hard to implement all of it. I think we did really well.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:21 AM
Elk

I think ya'll will have a great time. Just remember like all other hunting to not get wrapped up in the killing part (cuz it may not happen). Get wrapped up in the experience and the family time. Those are the real successes! If you do get to shoot AIM FORWARD! My 1st bowkill was a hog that I shot slightly quartered away and I hit him about 4" behind the shoulder - perfect for a deer but he went 100 yards on me and got into and died in stuff that was way to thick for me to get into. End result - I spend 3 hours on my hands and knees following his bloodtrail only to run into a "brick wall" of briars that he'd gone in to.

My first bowkill - buzzards ate him a couple of days later. There was a hole over the top of him but no way for me to get to him. I got no pics of my first bow kill. As a bowhunter that was pretty disappointing!

Just go right into the shoulder!

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 03-31-2008, 02:17 PM
Bighorn

I agree with you Kevin, and the update is really just braggin on how far they have all come, along with a thanks to all of you that have had a hand in it. I honestly can't think of any other way to express our gratitude than to include you guys in where I can.

Boy, I'm still fired up about Becca hitting that deer target finally. She drew on a turkey target about 8 yards away and torpedoed 4 shots in a row. She was getting pretty down, so we moved to the paper side. She got some confidence back and said, "I want to shoot the deer now." Well that deer she had her eyes on was about 16 yeards and in front of an elevated position. She drew back, took her time, and exhaled just as she let off. Man I swear she jumped 5 feet in the air and yelled "I GOT HIM!!" loud enough for you to hear it all the way down in Texas. She shot 3 more times and hit all three really well, but got tired out and just watched mom.

That was awesome. All of us have progressed quite a ways from where we were. Without you guys here, and the support you all give... we sure wouldn't even be talking about doing the things we're planning.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Elk

...thought I heard something.

Can't win if you don't play!

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 04-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Bighorn

Default Update #2

This is a collection of pics from earlier in the year, and today's trip to Kiowa Creek Sporting Club.

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/l...view=slideshow

Don't giggle too hard about my belly... I'm sensitive.