Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > MM - Moose Mania

Old 02-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Muley

I've only hunted moose in my home province of Ontario - normally in the central range or north-east part of the province.

Last year I went on 3 hunts. Two with a bow and one with a rifle. The first hunt was in mid-september, we had tags for all animals, bull, cow and calves, but the weather was too warm to kick off the rut and we were over run by #%@*&% black bear.

On the second hunt we had one bull and calf tags. The weather was still warm but we had some beginnings of rut activity. I had the only sighting with a brief glimpse of an animal that I couldn't identify moving through.

On the last (gun) hunt two of us with only calf tags but the bulls and cows were running together. We didn't try calling because we weren't hunting bulls, but I suspect it would have worked - even as late in the season as it was. All in all we saw ten moose - seven of them bulls - but no calves
Old 02-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Antelope

We are very fortunate here in MB that moose tags for residents for the most of the prov. is over the counter. I have been successful drawing for archery right close to home 20min away and have shot 3 moose with my bow and 2 during the late rifle season.
Moose 1 Rifle draw

Moose 2 rifle over the counter

Moose 3 archery draw

Moose 4 archery draw

Moose 5 archery draw
Old 02-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Caribou

Nice work oakcreek!!! I wish I lived somewhere with moose

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Whitetail

Default Newfoundland Moose

I also hunted with Serpintine Valley Outfitters me and my buddy both shot bulls 35-38'' wide but would not recomend them again that hunt was in 2005. Oct 2008 going back to NF for moose with Portland Creek Outfitters. The number of moose you see in a week is any where from 50-100!!! Great hunt for the price you can hunt NF 3 times for the price of one alaskan hunt but you do give up a little size. Portland Creek takes many bulls over 50'' every year Serpintine Valley just want you to get your bull so they can go home.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Black Bear

I'm lucky enough to have moose not far from where I live an we are able to hunt them each fall. We have had some great hunts in the past, but the last few years it's been getting harder to draw a tag for our area. From 1999 thur to 2004 we went 5/5 I started it off with and 34" bull the middle of the week and ended it the opening night in 2004 with the biggest bull that has come out of our camp(46 3/8"). In the middle we had two calves and another 36" bull that a buddy shot in 2003.

Matt
Old 03-30-2008, 06:05 AM
Antelope

After putting in for 19 years I finally drew a moose permit here in WY. The area I drew was just north of Jackson Hole.

To make a looooong story short I called in a small bull to about 60 yards and killed him with my Freedom Arms 454 Casull