Old 03-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Black Bear

Kevin! I thought all women loved to hunt
Just kidding.
Colorado Cheri, good luck on your hog hunt. I have hunted them many times and they are so much fun, but hunting them with a bow is a challenge. The kill zone is small so aim low. I have not found any success with expandables, but others have. Good luck and study the anatomy charts before you head out so you will know exactly where to shoot. Keep us posted.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Muley

I will keep all of you posted on our hunt. I hope we are able to go in July and this gives myself and husband plenty of time to become familar with the anatomy of the hogs and very comfortable with our bows. It also will give my son time as well. This will be his first hunt ever and he is so excited it is fun to watch him practicing with his bow. I can not wait.
Thank you again for all your insite and willing to share your knowledge with us.
Steel Force 125gr Phat Head
12 Gauge Browining
Realtree AP
Old 03-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Elk

In July, you ought to be able to get discounted rates. Most places have discounted summer rates. Be sure to ask about them!

Keith Warren - another favorite of mine - has a great instructional hog hunting video out. You ought to check it out. He discusses everything form shot placement to cooking including dressing out, head shots, even shooting 2 or 3 with one shot! It's a fun video. I usually dig it out when I'm getting pumped to get after em again.

Here's the cover of the video.
Keith Warren Hog Hunting Video Pic.jpg
Click to enlarge.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak

Last edited by Great White Hunter; 03-25-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Elk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Hunter View Post
In July, you ought to be able to get discounted rates. Most places have discounted summer rates. Be sure to ask about them!

Keith Warren - another favorite of mine - has a great instructional hog hunting video out. You ought to check it out. He discusses everything form shot placement to cooking including dressing out, head shots, even shooting 2 or 3 with one shot! It's a fun video. I usually dig it out when I'm getting pumped to get after em again.

Here's the cover of the video.
Attachment 417
Click to enlarge.
hey, Kevin! Do you go to KW's forum? I do.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Elk

You betcha Paul. I'm GWH there too. Remember, I saw the Black Panther down near Mexia, TX and Deb's supposed to show a pic of a taxidermied one? KW's one of my favorites alongside Ralph & Vicki.

God bless.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 03-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Elk

These are about the only 2 hunting sites I go to anymore. I'll occasionally go on Buckmasters.com or Mossy Oak forums, but not much.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Elk

Yeah me too but I occasionally frequent Texasboars.com and Texasbowhunter.com cuz they're local and I get good local info in there.

I also have a forum on my poetry website but it's new and I'm the only member so far. Nonetheless, I stop in there every day just to check...see if it's my lucky day!

God bless ya Paul. Hope your doing well. Get a bow yet?

Kevin

Old 03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Elk

Not yet. I had someone that was going to let me use their old bow as long as I made sure to replace the bowstring, but I haven't heard anything else from them.
maybe when my tax refund comes back.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Bighorn

Thumbs up

WOW! Nice work Kevin! (poet site I mean)
Old 03-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Elk

Thanks Rick! Nothing left but the growing part!

Kevin