Old 03-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Elk

Also, I have a friend (I forgot) that hunts buffalo every year in Wyoming close to Cheyenne. I believe it's 700 bucks for a bull. I can get you that info if you want.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 03-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Bighorn

Since Bison is the subject...

this was the talk of the town this week. Its a huge black eye for hunters here in CO.

And before I get pegged as an anti-hunter... please read the article. It's pretty horrible regardless...

http://www.9news.com/news/top-articl...?storyid=88474
Old 03-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Elk

Sounds like the Hatfields and McCoys!

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 03-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Bighorn

Yeah... Seems the buffalo are really just pawns in whatever game is going on over there. As is always the case with our "media"... the hammer is dropped on the heads of "hunters", and once the public scorn has started, the "media" stops coverage right there.

I've been hunting geese since the mid-eighties. It's only been recently that I wanted to branch out and try something else. Any hunter I know wouldn't blast 30+ animals and just leave the carcasses. Period. They would take the limit, and use the remains as much as possible. I got really mad when I was reading this article at the number times "hunter" is tossed about.

:: end of soap-box rant ::
Old 03-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Elk

Yep, I noticed they used the term "hunter" quite a bit. It obviously was no hunting event and clearly should not have been conveyed as such in the media. That Sheriff should be ashamed of himself if he started that firestorm with his half-witted responses to media questions.

Good to see you branching out. I haven't been goose hunting yet but I love hunting ducks. It'll be good to see how you like pursuing other game (especially hogs)

Kevin

Old 03-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Musk Ox

The article is wrong - that's poaching not hunting. Somebody should correct that right now.

Bison hunting when done legally is a total rush. Especially if you do it with some self imposed challenge like with a muzzle loader or bow and arrow. It definitely takes you into a yester-year style of hunting these colossal beast that represent the Ole west.

Last edited by Bow Drawn; 03-28-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Bighorn

Could not agree with you more, Bow Drawn. Even more bothersome is the use of "hunters" to cover the lesser story of the land fued.

These "Media" personelle sensationalize the bland and frankly dull story of that land dispute with the , as you said "poaching" angle, while simultaneously attempting to set off of the "anti-s" deep distain for anything we as hunters do. They then merge the two in order to effect their bottom line and get the payday.

::end of rant::
Old 03-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Caribou

Kevin, when you get a chance, send me the information on your friends place. for that price, might be able to swing it this year yet. but depends on what, where, tags, and such. Thanks, Todd

still planning on seeing you this fall/winter for some hawgs......
Ted Nugent United Sportsman of America
Bowhunter
Hunt hard, go home happy, thank God for all he has given you
Old 02-23-2010, 07:30 AM
Whitetail

Try Conrad's High Country Outfitters.I use to work for Conrad and he offers a reasonable hunt on Buffs.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Whitetail

These Bulls are HUGE!