Old 03-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Caribou

I'm in the process of planning my first archery elk hunt as we speak. We've narrowed down our zone of choice and we're scouting it using Colorado's DOW interactive GMU maps, info from the local biologist and Google Earth.

We're VERY pumped up already and can't wait to go!

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Old 03-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Black Bear

I'm looking into Montana for next year they have guarenteed outfitter tags, but they are super expensive.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Caribou

I just checked it out and its $1400 for the guaranteed tag. That's not bad for a guarantee unless you were doing this every year. Course, that doesn't include the outfitter.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbowhunter21 View Post
I just checked it out and its $1400 for the guaranteed tag. That's not bad for a guarantee unless you were doing this every year. Course, that doesn't include the outfitter.
Our elk tags are guaranteed too, they are sold over-the-counter at any licensing agent! And they are only $526.00 dollars!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Antelope

Send a message via ICQ to yogi

I checked out alberta prices over the counter elk archery and rifle non res.alien 249.00 can. plus tax of couse..moose archery no rifle season "unless you do a draw.' same price ..check it out google it ... alberta hunting regulation pm me if you need more info.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbowhunter21 View Post
found an outfitter in mt it's like $4200 including cost of tags. low deposit which I like. It allows me to book the hunt now and save $(without the wife knowing) for nest could like 10 references and most have hunted multiple times and nothing but good things to say. Wouldn't mine colorado but I have numerous airmiles saved for alaska airlines that flies to missoula but not anywhere in Colorado.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Caribou

Now that the roads are getting passable we have been getting out more, and been seeing more elk can't wait to start hunting!

DOUBLE G OUTFITTERS
Old 03-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Antelope

Send a message via ICQ to Greywolf Send a message via Yahoo to Greywolf

I better get saving some money. the price seems way out there for a hunt. I live in Hawaii it cost almost 1K just to jump on the ground in the mainland.
Maybe one day, I'll find my self out looking at a bull face to face, or broadside with him having no clue I exist in the country.

Untill then, I'll keep hunting the poor mans grizzly, I can hunt those 365 here. so it's not that bad.
Maybe one day I'll work out a swap with someone.

Untill then, I'll keep on keepen on. There's elk in them there hills.