Old 02-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Caribou

Now thats a bull!!!

DOUBLE G OUTFITTERS
Old 02-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Antelope

These pictures have been around for acouple of years already this moose was shot in Russia. Funny how stories change as it circulates the net.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreek View Post
These pictures have been around for acouple of years already this moose was shot in Russia. Funny how stories change as it circulates the net.
I have seen the rusian pics a long time ago but don't remeber what they look like.these were emailed to me saying the new world record,so it very well could be old pics.

timba
Old 02-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Antelope

I just googled russian moose to be sure and your pics are the same here's part of the story behind it.
http://www.blackbearheaven.com/world...cord-moose.htm

Jay Link's Moose Story
I hunted the moose you see in the photograph in Russia, on the Kamchatka Peninsula with Bob Hodson's Sable Expeditions out of Anchorage Alaska. I took the moose in Early December 2001 on a 14-day hunt. My brother and I flew from Petropavlosk via helicopter to the hunt area, where we stayed in trappers' cabins. We would leave each morning via skis and ski all day looking for tracks, or for moose. On average, we skied about 15 miles per day. Game was very scarce due to the very heavy, early-snow conditions.

In two weeks of hunting I saw 13 moose, and my brother saw only two. The area we were hunting is very remote and has limited access. Hence, moose have the opportunity to reach maturity. The genetics are some of the best in the world.

My moose is a monster, I was extremely lucky to ski up on him. It was a difficult shot for my .338 at 350 yards, because he was bedded behind a drainage with only one foot of his back exposed. We could see his antlers sticking out over the drainage. One shot spined the moose and he never got out of his bed. It took me and my two guides, Igor and Dimia, 40 minutes to ski to the downed animal.

This was one of the toughest hunts I have been on through my travels around the world. I refer to the hunt as a 'tough man's contest,' rather then a hunt. It was a great experience. My brother Troy will be returning next year. As to the score of the moose, it should end up somewhere between 550 and 600 points SCI. It has huge mass and extremely wide paddles, with 20 points on one side and 18 points on the other.

The cost of this hunt was about $20,000 not including trophy shipment or taxidermy. The high cost is mostly because of the remoteness of the hunt area. - Jay Link.

Last edited by oakcreek; 02-25-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:16 AM
Antelope

THATS ONE BIG MOOSE

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT SCORES? HOW WIDE? HOW MANY POINTS?

DRENALIN 29.5 #70
N FUSED 400
SHAFFER REST
G5 SITE
GREAM REAPERS 100
Old 04-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Whitetail

Default Great Bull

Was that a bow kill?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Caribou

I can't begin the imagine the logistics of bringing that beast out of the woods. I'd have to bring the equivolent of an african safari crew to help pack it out. Wow!
Old 04-02-2008, 04:55 AM
Black Bear

Seen those pics back a few years ago myself. Beleive at the time they said it had come from Alaska.

Matt
Old 04-03-2008, 05:27 AM
Antelope

Awesome Bull, do you all remember on an episode of Jim Shockey when he was guiding Greg Ritz of T/C. They almost connected on a world record bull stated Jim Shockey. Jim said it was the biggest he had ever seen.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Elk

Ah, I would have given him a couple more years.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak