Old 02-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Muley

ive got a 20 ft john boat and a genny. Just gotta rig up the lights this spring and anyone is welcome to come down to KY to shoot some fish. I got hooked last summer.

Huntin' is always better in Kentucky
Trevor

www.lostrivergamecalls.com
Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Caribou

Generators are great, but we do a lot of shooting on residential lakes and to keep a low profile we use deep cycles and 12v lights. We have 8 lights on our platform you get4 4-5 hrs of daylight before the batteries start to fade. Usually by then we are ready to call it a night anyway.

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Elk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
I'd like to shoot something I can actually eat. I don't know anyone who can clean carp properly.
I was wondering if carp are even edible. I don't want to catch a fish I can't eat.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbg40g View Post
I was wondering if carp are even edible. I don't want to catch a fish I can't eat.
If you eat fish sticks you eat carp, two years ago there were commercial fishermen with nets come to a lake near here that was infested with carp and they took out 10,000lbs of carp to make fishsticks!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Muley

dont start feeling a soft spot for carp just because you dont eat them (although you can). They are an invasive species that should be kept in check, although attempts are pretty helpless, they populate too quickly.

sounds bad but a good carp is a dead carp. Fertilize a field with them, give them to an aviary for birds to eat, give em to trappers for bait, set up a bait pile for coyotes. Plenty of ways to use them besides eating them.

Trevor

Old 02-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Caribou

A lot of lakes in my area have tournaments to help get the #'s down the one we shot last year is an any method style, so there were kids out there w/ nets and bats! I don't know if they still do it but there was a few lakes that even had a "bounty" on them they would pay you so much per pound for all the carp you could take out of the lake.

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPOSSETIM View Post
A lot of lakes in my area have tournaments to help get the #'s down the one we shot last year is an any method style, so there were kids out there w/ nets and bats! I don't know if they still do it but there was a few lakes that even had a "bounty" on them they would pay you so much per pound for all the carp you could take out of the lake.
Bats? LOL now that is hardcore

Trevor

Old 02-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Caribou

I always thought that it woulb be a fun thing to try out!

DOUBLE G OUTFITTERS
Old 02-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Bighorn

Sadly... the biggest fish I've landed to date... was a lousy, stinkin, no-fight carp. Had a crappie rig on the bottom with eggs on both hooks. Hooked him in that nasty puckered mouth and foul-hooked him in back to boot. Went to The Miracle Mile in Wyoming in 1999 with my dad after seeing pictures of the biggest trout I have ever laid eyes on from a previous trip of his. Water levels were so low I could see bottom. A dang cow pestered me for close to a mile before I had enough and whacked her in the nose with the tip of my fly-rod. Never saw one trout that whole trip.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Black Bear

That Brackett outdoors was the outfitter for the Gettin Close episode. It looked like fun but pretty hard. And yes Tiffany was in a BIKINI!!!!