Old 08-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Antelope

Bow Drawn, how do you like your Muck boots? I looked at some last year and it came down to the Muck Arctic sport or the LaCrosse Alpha Burly. I've owned a couple other pair of LaCrosse boots (as to say the ones I bought lasted for years), and really don't know enough about Muck's durability, comfort and warmth, so I went with the Burly's.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgshp49 View Post
Bow Drawn, how do you like your Muck boots? I looked at some last year and it came down to the Muck Arctic sport or the LaCrosse Alpha Burly. I've owned a couple other pair of LaCrosse boots (as to say the ones I bought lasted for years), and really don't know enough about Muck's durability, comfort and warmth, so I went with the Burly's.
The Mucks I own are about three years old going on the forth season this year. They are not the highest rated for warm like the Arctic ones are but they kept my feet comfortable in weather that was windy and down in the twenties. I also use two pairs of socks, one to draw the moisture and one pair of alpaca wool for insulating. The past several winters I have not had frozen feet like I use to have.
I haven't tried the Lacrosse Alpha Burly yet. I know they are very highly used.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Antelope

In my opinion the LaCrosse's (mine are 1200g) are good for sitting when it is around say 20-30. Cooler than that and I started to get cool feet. They are great for still hunting, just as long as you move enough to keep some blood flowin. I have a pair of LaCrosse Extreme's for the cold stuff, but they are too bulky for walking in. The Extreme's are really bad if you have to drag a deer! So, I'm lookin fer something that will keep my feet warm while sittin, and been real curious about the Muck's. Thanks fer the info!