Old 05-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2206 View Post
Well, this is it....the eve of my departure of my first bear hunt. Deer hunting for 35 years and now a new experience. Headed to Alberta tomorrow morning for a 6 day hunt. I hope to post some pictures along with the experience next week. Like a kid at Christmas

good luck

timba
Old 06-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Muley

well thanks for the good luck Timba. No sign of my red bear seen a few hogs out here but just haven't connected . One real nice chocolate just over 6 ft, a black at about 6 and a half, and big red over 7 for sure but m.i.a. Seen probably over 40 bears since spring bear started but alot of those numbers include sow cub combos. Quite a few trios. alot of smaller sows, then the few big bore's. Now my son or daughter is due probably within the next week or so. So now Im on break but my wonderful says go shoot a big one after the baby comes!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuledeerJohn View Post
well thanks for the good luck Timba. No sign of my red bear seen a few hogs out here but just haven't connected . One real nice chocolate just over 6 ft, a black at about 6 and a half, and big red over 7 for sure but m.i.a. Seen probably over 40 bears since spring bear started but alot of those numbers include sow cub combos. Quite a few trios. alot of smaller sows, then the few big bore's. Now my son or daughter is due probably within the next week or so. So now Im on break but my wonderful says go shoot a big one after the baby comes!!!
What did you have for a baby?
Old 06-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Musk Ox

2 more days until the road trip to Quebec!!!!
Slick Trick 85 grain
HHA Single Pin Sights
Old 06-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Muley

Happy to hear that some of you had an exciting, fun hunt. My family's hunt in Sask. was a nightmare, 2 years of planning, saving, and waiting. We got bears, nothing big. Outfitter was a jerk, he said he was refunding my money, still waiting. If any one want to message me so you don't book with them.

But then the good news, booked a fun hunt in Quebec, had a great time, got a nice bear. I was happy. The only bummer was we were both so sick for the Sask. hunt it was hard to hunt. Booked again in Quebec, same week. If I can get my daughter to post pictures I'll have them on.

www.bigwoodstaxidermy.com
www.bigbearscents.com/
www.bigwoodsbearbait.com
Old 06-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
Happy to hear that some of you had an exciting, fun hunt. My family's hunt in Sask. was a nightmare, 2 years of planning, saving, and waiting. We got bears, nothing big. Outfitter was a jerk, he said he was refunding my money, still waiting. If any one want to message me so you don't book with them.

But then the good news, booked a fun hunt in Quebec, had a great time, got a nice bear. I was happy. The only bummer was we were both so sick for the Sask. hunt it was hard to hunt. Booked again in Quebec, same week. If I can get my daughter to post pictures I'll have them on.

Thats to bad you had a bad outfitter,I never had a good year myself.Nothing but crappy weather every time I got days off and never seen more then 3 bears all season and I put a lot of time in this spring.Next year I'm going back to my old hot spot.

Do you have any pics?

timba
Old 06-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Muley

Default spring bear-Quebec

Attachment 1713 This is a picture of my Quebec spring bear, saw 7 bears that night. She has a pretty white v that you can't see.

www.bigwoodstaxidermy.com
www.bigbearscents.com/
www.bigwoodsbearbait.com