Old 01-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Caribou

Monie could you add 5 more points for the guys, pic is on team thread. Thanks
SLICK TRICKS
APEX NITRUS SIGHT
Old 01-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Caribou

Monie, I got another doe last night so could you add 5 more points for the guys, the pics are on the team thread.
SLICK TRICKS
APEX NITRUS SIGHT
Old 01-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Muley

Default Carol's Last deer of the season

MONIE: 5 points for the gals please!
With snow on the ground and subzero temps I haven't been in the woods lately but today the weather moderated so .I went bowhunting tonight on a farm I'd never been on. The owner told me he'd seen close to 70 deer and needed some of them removed. I have a buck tag and an anterless tag so I was looking for a big doe or nice buck. He told me he'd seen 2 monsters so I was hopeful. I only made it about 150 yrds from the truck when I started seeing deer moving all around me. I crept down this fence and made it to a brush pile then stood by a hedge tree and just watched. I stood there for 2 hours watching deer all around but nothing close enough and no bucks. I checked my clock and it was 5:10, so I decided to give it about 5 more min. Just as I was ready to leave I saw a deer moving toward me with the brush pile between us. It was close enough I could tell it had no antlers. Big doe coming in just in front of me, boy excitement set in. When it went behind the brushpile I swung right and drew. It must have read the script because it stepped out and gave me a broadside shot at 35 yrds. I never shoot farther than 30 but pulled up high and let 'er fly. Smack! It was beautiful..I saw the whole thing. I could hardly believe what I'd just done. Just standing by a tree, and I'd never been there. I called my daughter and told her. I knew it was a clean kill so I followed the blood trail, pretty easy on snow. 75 yrds and there HE was. I couldn't believe my eyes. My doe was a 21/2 yr old buck. He'd already dropped his antlers and I couldn't tell. I called the conservation agent and asked how to check him and he told me to check him as an anterless deer.

I don't know if I'll get any points with this deer but everything went so perfect I can't be sad. I got a great deer and am proud of him.

Please put this on the annual guy's and gal's hunt. Hey I'm trying gals!

Mathews Drenalin Bow
Carbon express arrows
Steel Force 100 grain Broadheads

Last edited by Carol; 01-17-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Caribou

Hey good hunting guys & gals!!!

Good job guys congrats!!

Cant wait till this Fall & I will be back in the game!

DOUBLE G OUTFITTERS