Old 11-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Whitetail

Talking My 2nd bow kill

Hello,
This is my 2nd bow kill and I was so excited. In the past couple of years I have had to live in my husbands shadow when we were out hunting and last year I finally took my first deer. My husband is always giving my hints and tips and I never thought that I would be able to get altogether all by my self. Well, this November he had me get in a tree stand, which he had to add several steps in order for me to get in it. He went to his tree stand and I was on my own. After an hour or so in the stand I spotted a deer coming my way and I took my bow off the hook. He was just feeding while walking down the trail and I ranged him several times. I knew that once he passed by the stand he would have smelled me because of how the wind was blowing so I deceided the time was now. I took the shot and waited for a 1/2 an hour before I got out of my treestand. I went and retreived my arrow and started jumping up and down in excitement. As I got to my husbands stand I gave him a thumbs up. My husband was excited for me. When we found my deer which by the way did not go 40 yards I was sad to see that he had broken some of his horns. Oh well, I was still very excited.

Vicki and Ralph my husband and I would love to go hunting with you

Thanks,
Christine
Old 11-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Whitetail

Great job! My wife and I have been together for 15yrs and she still has not gone hunting yet but said she would film me. So I envy your husband for getting to share the experience and excitement with his wife. Fortunatly I have gotten to enjoy my 2 sons in the outdoors. So again great job and have a safe and plentifull season.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Musk Ox

Congrats!! Nice buck.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Black Bear

Nice looking buck! Congratulations!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Bighorn

awesome congrats

timba