Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr
Default Peanut Butter Balls

I have a friend who makes candy every year at Christmas. I used to be right in there with her but over the years I have gotten out of the practice. But, this year, I decided to revive the tradition for Thanksgiving. I made chocolate covered pretzels, Divinity (oh. my. goodness. Is there anything any better than Divinity?!?!?!), and Peanut Butter Balls. Well, the pretzels were a hit but the Peanut Butter Balls were gone in a matter of minutes so I thought I would share the recipe with y'all just in case y'all had a craving to make candy.

1/2 cup peanut butter (I use creamy and crunchy)
3 tablespoons butter (a lá Paula Deen!)
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
chocolate candy covering (I use almond bark melted in the microwave)

Mix peanut butter and butter thoroughly. Add powdered sugar and mix until it is all dissolved. Now, don't be shy y'all, get in there with your hands and mix away b/c a spoon or fork won't mix it well. Pinch off a little (1/2 teaspoon or less) and roll into ball. Place on wax paper. Once all has been rolled into small balls, let sit for about 30 minutes to firm up. Dip in chocolate candy coating and return to wax paper until dry.

I have a husband and extended family begging for more!! I can get the recipe for divinity if y'all are interested. Apparently, I am one of the the few on the face of the Earth who loves this stuff!!!
-- Lucille Ball