Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Musk Ox

Default What am I doing wrong???

The farmer finally got the corn picked so I've been able to hunt my favorite ground blind setup. It is a perfect pinch point between a cornfield, a food plot and a thick creek bottom.

I've hunted the setup the last two nights using a doe decoy. We've had a total of 6 bucks cruise by.....3 young bucks and 3 shooters. Each of the young bucks came in just as expected and presented perfect broadside shots as they inspected the decoy.

Each of the 3 shooters totally ignored it. The first eased his way across the cornfield and only took one look at the decoy. The second came in for a closer look and even grunted once....but then continued in his original direction of travel.

The best buck of the 3 cruised by early yesterday afternoon with a basket racked buck. The basket came in on a string....and the shooter stood there long enought to give the decoy a once over before continuing on his merry way.

I am confused. If these bucks are cruising (they are)....why ingore what they are looking for when it is standing right in front of them?????

None of the bucks ever spooked.....and the big boys totally ignored the decoy.

WHAT GIVES????

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.