Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Whitetail

Default The Big Bow Debate

Greetings everyone,

This is my first post. I just finished watching SDW 5 and I am pleased with and agree wholeheartedly with Ralph and Vicky's comments on ceasing all the fighting among the hunting community and unite as one. I have been using a crossbow for a long time now and remember all too well being ostracized by the archery community for doing so. The acceptance is growing and I thank people like Ralph and Vicky for being strong proponents of all forms of archery. With the advancement in bow technology it is a great time to be a bow hunter no matter which form of bow you use. The one thing that should unite all bow hunters is the fact that it gets more of us in the woods for a longer part of the season each year and makes us better hunters in that we have to study our animals better to get close enough for a clean harvest. I have gotten to the point now where I would rather bow hunt than rifle hunt. Shooting a deer or bear from a distance just doesn't present me with the same rush as watching and waiting patiently for that animal to get within a few yards of me while remaining still and quiet.
Please forgive me if I got a little preachy with my first post but I just wanted to salute Ralph and Vicky for their openness and efforts in bringing us all together under the Archery Umbrella. Thanks and keep up the good work.