Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Whitetail

Smile My wife's first archery season

Last year was my wife's first year of archery hunting. She became interested in archery hunting after we met Ralph, Vicki and Posse members at the Deer and Turkey Expo in Madison WI. It was opening day of the Wisconsin archery season and we were in a pop-up blind. We were able to shot anything that walked by because we had earned buck tags the previous year. It was a rainy morning so I was hopeful deer would be moving. A spike buck walked out at 11 yards and my wife made a perfect shot. The deer took off and then came right back and died right where she had shot him. She was in shock and I was overcome with pride in her. The celebration began with High 5's then hugs. We went back out hunting that afternoon and she got up in our big deer stand and I situated myself in the lower end of the food plot in a ladder stand. About an hour after getting in the stand, a big doe came flying by me with blood coming out of both sides. She died right behind me. My wife had managed to kill 2 deer on her first day of archery hunting. An accomplishment not to my people can brag about. Thanks Vicki for being a great representative of women in the hunting world. Guys you should try getting your wives interested in hunting. It is a wonderful experience seeing them succeed.