Moose

Yogi, that is an excellent tip!!!!

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 09-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Bighorn

OOO OOOO I have one! I have one!

The sharp, pointy end goes toward the animal.

Did I do good???
Old 09-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Moose

Yep, ya done good.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 09-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Bighorn

I

AM

SO

SMART!

S M R T
Old 09-19-2008, 05:38 AM
Whitetail

Default Antlers

[QUOTE=bullmoose38;16044]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
make sure this is legal where you hunt. in illinois, you can not use live animals, or parts of them, for huntintg. QUOTE]

Can you use real rattling antlers for rattling? Just curious...
In NY real antlers are OK because that's considered "Calling" rather than Decoying...I believe that's the case in Most states. Much Like using wild turkey wing bones to make a call.

What are these?? Yum!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Hunter View Post
Wax build up on your string slows your arrows down. I was about every other time I shoot but then I take dental floss, wrap it around the string (or buss cable) and run it down the string to remove an excess wax. I also rub a little into my D-Loop.

Goat tuff glue is better that Fletch Tite...remember that. No one likes to see a vane peeling off 2 days after shooting.

Also, after peeling off old vanes (I use a pocket knife), I use fine grit sandpaper, then wash with warm soapy water before re-fletching. Many times if I have time, I put a single drop of my goat-tuff glue at the front of the vane to ensure that vulnerable joint is protected (although it's not necessary it's good as a precautionary measure).
I tried the dental floss trick and it worked great, awesome tip

http://www.camospace.com/Nebel

Hoyt Powerhawk 56#
NAP Quiktune Drop away
TRUGLO Micro Brite 5 pin
Easton Camo Axis and ST Axis
NAP Hellrazors

Ameristep Youth Pro Staffer
Spittlers Game Calls Pro Staffer

Member of the NWTF

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Muley

Practice from a tree stand or elevated platform & shoot sitting down if possible.
Bend at the waist.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Muley

Always cary a roll of duct tape in your fanny or back back. It can be used for:

1. Duct tape your folding saw to a long stick to cut branches too far out of reach or too high when trimming around your stand.
2. Wrap a piece of duct tape around your sleeve if your string keeps hitting your loose clothing on your arm.
3. Duct tape your bundle of tree steps together in your pack if they keep rattling around and spooking game while walking.
4. Duct tape any loose chains on your tree stand to prevent noise.
5. Place a temporary patch over rubber hunting boots if they spring a leak.
6. When camping with tents in remote areas, you will be able to duct tape you buddy's legs together when a bear tries to get into your tent. When he wakes and asks what you're doing, just tell him/her you're just making sure you can outrun him/her. Then say, "Adios Amigo!" and exit stage left.
7. ..............AH man, there's just too many to list. Just make sure you've got a roll of the Handy Man's Handy Tool with ya at all times!

If you use one piece tree steps (in locales where they're legal), carry a piece of 3/4" PVC conduit with you about 4" to 6" long. Use them to slide over the tree step when trying to crank them into the tree. Usually the tree step will get caught on your mitts or gloves or else give you blisters. The conduit will allow you to blister those mud puppies into the tree with lightning speed.

If you ever get to go moose hunting and you're doing the moose calling, most novice moose hunters don't know what to do whenever a bull moose is hung up at about 100 yards give ot take. What call to use? A mature bull challenge grunt? A young bull squeal? An impatient cow call? A calf call? What to do? What to do? When in doubt, don't call anything. Just take your birch bark call, or similar call, or a stick or paddle or similar object and rake it against a nearby tree for about 5 seconds. Then wait.

If you're going on a remote hunt where there's no indoor plumbing, take some baby-wipes (I think someone else already mentioned this) or wet wipes with you. You have no idea how many saddles sores it'll prevent (this is where you have to use your imagination to determine their actual use ).

If you opt for a hunt where remote camping is required, use dry ice in your coolers. Dry ice will typically last for 4 to 7 days depending on the quality of your cooler, and will keep meet frozen the whole time. It's amazing stuff, but you have to be careful handling it. Always wear gloves.

Always carry two flashlights with you. One large if you want, and one small as a back up (or one of those LED hat lights). When walking out of a stand after an evening hunt, always walk out with your flashlight lit. It'll signal to other hunters (or poachers) who haven't exited the bush yet, that you're a hunter and not something they should be taking a pot shot at. Better safe than sorry.

Always carry a small camera (digital preferably) with you.

TBow
Old 06-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Whitetail

Default tip

her is a tip i read from fred bear no matter how much you shoot a day it is better to shoot one good shoot a day compared to 20 bad ones because you teach your self bad habits by shooting and not giveing it your all on all of the shots , just something to think about , i just started using sights and i have learned alot of bad ones because i get upset and wont calm down and take my time , but i feel like im cheating by useing sights !!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBow View Post
Always cary a roll of duct tape in your fanny or back back. It can be used for:
I got one more...

Use it to tape Monie's fingers together so we might have a chance at catching up to her!