Old 01-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Black Bear

Send a message via MSN to mnsqueeze
Default Scope for Gun

just wondering what scope any of you have for your muzzle loader or rifles., i need a scope for my 30.06., and i may put a scope on one of my muzzle loaders for just the firearms season., we cant have scopes on our muzzle loaders during muzzle season., just wondering ., thanks!
Old 01-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Moose

I like Nikon. I dont think you can buy better optics for the money. For your muzzleloader check out the Nikon Omega scope.xc
Old 01-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Bighorn

I used a bushnell for years on my 30-06 and liked it,I changed it out to a leapold for a biger one.I don't notice any real difference ,if I buy another scope I'll go back to the bushnell.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Black Bear

Any of the above are great scopes. Just rember with scope you get what you pay for.

Take a kid out shooting. Try 3-D, they love it.

Hoyt Carbon Matrix Plus- Now On Order!!!
FMJ
Scent Lok
Old 01-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowmike View Post
Any of the above are great scopes. Just rember with scope you get what you pay for.
OK ., so that is what i was going to ask next., now how do i justify what is good scope for the price., 250.00 to 500.00 /,. will i be OK around those prices? i have never bought a scope so i don't know!thanks for all you help!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsqueeze View Post
OK ., so that is what i was going to ask next., now how do i justify what is good scope for the price., 250.00 to 500.00 /,. will i be OK around those prices? i have never bought a scope so i don't know!thanks for all you help!
You should be fine.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Elk

I have a great scope on my .300 Wthby mag. It is a 4-16x50 scope with coated lenses and illuminated milldot reticles (you can take the battery out if it's unlawful to use illuminated reticles in your state). Adjustable focus, adjustable paralax, fogproof, waterproof, shockproof and lifetime guaranty. I paid 175 bucks, including shipping and it came with free flip up covers. I have put tons of rounds through it and it's still right on the money. I will be putting another one on my CZ-USA Model 3 .300 short mag. You can check them out at www.ijksales.com . I don't work for them at all. I just love the scope. Last year I shot a doe at 500 yards with it at last light using my brother-in-law's CZ-USA Model .270 short mag with the same scope on it. After I got home, I bought mine. It's a great scope and you can't beat the price!

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 03-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Black Bear

I've had nikon scopes for over 20 years and love them however i would go with the monarch series over the pro staff scopes you can tell a difference in low light. and nikons warrenty is unbeatable.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Black Bear

i am leaning toward the Nikon., but when i go to the sporting store . i Will take my time and look and a bunch of them ., thanks for all your replys