Old 03-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Musk Ox

hahaha........I put "nevermind" because I realized it was way too early in the morning for me to try to articulate my thoughts Then I changed my mind because maybe I do my best thinking when I am half asleep

I chuckled when I read your suggestion of having a some sort of "signal light" on the sights. I thought the same thing last year. Maybe we should run with the idea and become millionaires

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Black Bear

Running the camera is the hard part just ask anyone who has done it and, after all the time and effort that has been put in the last thing you want is to have the footage not be useable. I have had it happen a few times as the hunter and once as the cameraman. I WILL ALWAYS have communication with my partiner regardless.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Muley

Maybe we could get one of those high tech companies like NORTEL to coordinate this light signaling project and get investors like AIG to take care of the funding!

Ya I've heard both of those companies names mentioned when talking about million$............Oh wait! That was in lost millions...or was it billions? Wasn't it? DANG!!!!!!!!!

How about getting those guys from Mythbusters to come up with the high tech tweeking? Next to working on the staff at Archer's Choice, I think working for the guys and gals at Mythbusters would be my second choice for the perfect job and what'a "BLAST"......literally, if they hired me!

Whatever type of equipment we come up with to mount on the bow or gun, it'll have to be held on by duct tape, otherwise it'll likely just fall off! And remember, if women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

TBow
Old 03-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Elk

I've been trying to let them know before they're ready to shoot that I'm ready and they can fire away. I usually tell them by whispering "shoot whenever you're ready".

Fortunately, being right over their shoulder, the've had a great idea of when I have an obstruction or not...hasn't been a problem. Still learning, trying to take Scott's advice but it's tough when you're in the moment to remember everything. I'm trying to focus on the shot and the reaction. The footage I have been getting is good footage but could be even better if I keep trying apply Scott's advice but dang it's tough! It'll get easier though, the more comfortable I get with it. I'm so used to having a bow in my hand.

I also find that my adrenaline pumps just as hard filming as when I'm the hunter...I think maybe it's nerves hoping they can close the deal. Cheri and Rick sure closed some deals with me last weekend! Can't wait to see the edited stuff!

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak